I just got a Unlocked Blackberry Curve 8310 for AT&T and i want to update my BBM App, im running on 4.5.0 right now, and i wanted to update it. So i tried to go to blackberry.com to download BlackBerry App World, because thats the only source that i thought id be able to download the newer version, but its saying "Software Not Found" when i click the link to download B.B.A.W.
    Could this because its unlocked ? or is my OS version too old to download B.B.A.W ? & if i have to update the OS would i have to unlock it again ?
    Please and thanks for the help
    06-02-10 09:19 PM
    Try it again... I just got a new blackberry curve and last night I was trying to update my blackberry messenger from 4.5 to 5.0 and it was doing the same thing to me... then when i went to blackberry.com there was a message about site maintenance... I think that was the problem. I was able to update my BBM this morning without any problems. Good luck
    06-03-10 08:00 PM
    It sounds like a temporary glitch with App World.

But to answer your other question, once it is unlocked it always is unlocked. Upgrading or downgrading the OS has no effect on unlocking. The unlocking is permanent.
    06-03-10 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD