Hey Guys,

I'm mostly looking for a response from developers on this one. A friend of mine is nearing completion of his first application, and we were wondering how well App World is doing in terms of sales (for independent developers).

We were discussing if it was worth the $200 fee to release his app on the BlackBerry platform, or if he is better off releasing through MobiHand (or both, or another retailing platform).

Do any developers on this forum have experience with selling apps on App World? If so, how are your sales looking?

Thanks
    05-28-09 01:57 PM
    id say as long as he advertises it properly it wont matter, app world is big and could take hours to look through every app available on there
    05-28-09 02:25 PM
    What kind of advertising do you suggest? He won't have the budget to do any sort of campaign. I told him it may be a good idea to release it at a special price on mobi-hand or something; deals seem to be good viral marketing.
    05-28-09 02:33 PM
    yeah i think more people use mobi-hand, how much does it cost to list right here on crackberry, and by advertise i mean just make a thread on any fourm possible
    05-28-09 02:36 PM
    Good point. I think I'll tell him to post a thread offering a sale or something.

Thanks man.
    05-28-09 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD