Hi all,

I keep getting this round black circle with arrow and red star on my home screen relating to blackberry app world downloads. It seems to be petaining to an update of a software , but even when i update it doesn't go away ?

Any ideas?

thx
    08-31-09 07:48 AM
    Hi all,

I keep getting this round black circle with arrow and red star on my home screen relating to blackberry app world downloads. It seems to be petaining to an update of a software , but even when i update it doesn't go away ?

Any ideas?

thx
    It also goes into your messages folder... just delete it like you would any email from that folder and it will go away.
    08-31-09 08:11 AM
    Hmm no new messages in messages folder and the circle says 1 next to it
    08-31-09 08:53 AM
    I had the same problem, I deleted through the messages folder just by hitting "M" while in my SMS folder, but other people say a battery pull solves it, though I've never had to do that.
    08-31-09 09:32 AM
    No messages and battery pull doesn't solve

I have to delete app world if I can't find then.

thx for your help
    08-31-09 09:37 AM
    Make sure your messages folder is not hidden... There are 3 folders you need to check... The SMS folder, email folder and Messages folder...it should be in one of those folders. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 09:41 AM
    are you strictly in the messages folder or in your messages folder did you hit -menu-view folder- then choose whichever one has the messsage (i havent had this problem personally so im not sure which folder it would be in...)
    08-31-09 09:42 AM
    Thanks! It was Poynt. Even after I upgraded the icon remained. Had to go into the message list and delete the upgrade notification, then the annoying icon immediately went away.
    09-02-09 10:50 AM
    Hello everybody. I found this forum in a search.

Every time I restart my phone, the blackberry app world ALWAYS displays a red circle with a white asterisk in it. Very annoying. There were never any updates or messages. I figured that it was just app world spamming me to download all their apps. So I deleted app world entirely. And now my phone has tons of free space. Should I have deleted app world?
    12-14-12 08:25 AM
    Should I have deleted app world?
    Only you can answer that.
    Do you want any further apps, or updates to your existing ones?
    12-14-12 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD