So, I just rebooted my phone with QuickPull and when it came back on, the Blackberry App world icon is on my BB?!? When I click on it, it gives me the download page. How the heck did it get here and is there anyway to get rid of it besides hiding it?

Tried a battery pull aleady. It's still there.

Sorry in advance if this has been answered, I searched first
    05-08-09 01:58 AM
    Lmao!! You will like it if you keep it...If it's listed under applications you can delete it by going to options, advanced options applications...hit the menu key & delete/reboot....see if that does it
    05-08-09 02:03 AM
    That's the weird thing...it's not listed under applications! I'm stumped. LOL!
    05-08-09 02:05 AM
    Check to see if it got "pushed" to you. Go into Browser and then into Bookmarks. Scroll down to see if its setup as a Broswer Channel. You can delete it there if you'd like. My Accuweather application works on the same principle.

Chris
    05-08-09 02:07 AM
    Thanks, I checked that, and didn't see it either. I guess it's really no big deal, I can just hide it. I'm just confused as to how it got on my phone?!?
    05-08-09 02:20 AM
    As mentioned, maybe they started pushing Appworld out on service books on some carriers, like Facebook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 02:23 AM
    That's what I was thinking. Oh well, no biggie! Thanks for the input!!

05-08-09 02:28 AM
    THAT IS AMAZING.

Lmao!! You will like it if you keep it...If it's listed under applications you can delete it by going to options, advanced options applications...hit the menu key & delete/reboot....see if that does it
    05-08-09 03:43 AM
    It was pushed by your service provider most likely, you can also delete the service book for it.
    05-08-09 05:49 AM
    This happened to me too! It just appeared a few days ago. I had previously downloaded it, got what I needed, and deleted it, and now all of a sudden... its baack. Tried to delete it again, and still there. I guess our carriers are "pushing" something else on us whether we like it or not.

05-10-09 10:25 PM
    I was WONDERING what that was. It appeared for me a couple days ago. I noticed all of my icons were moved over..and didn't remember downloading it ever haha.
    05-10-09 10:39 PM
    I guess our carriers are "pushing" something else on us whether we like it or not.
    You are using their bandwidth. They can push anything they want. It is not like they take up any memory anyway.

05-10-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD