How do you refresh this thing? My games category showed 115 available, I had read an article earlier this morning that said there were 160 some odd games available right now.

I couldn't find a way to refresh it (or know that it had been refreshed), so I uninstalled, reinstalled, and now I have 119 games listed, and the featured apps changed.

Am I missing something here?
    04-01-09 01:39 PM
    How do you refresh this thing? My games category showed 115 available, I had read an article earlier this morning that said there were 160 some odd games available right now.

I couldn't find a way to refresh it (or know that it had been refreshed), so I uninstalled, reinstalled, and now I have 119 games listed, and the featured apps changed.

Am I missing something here?
    when i first used it last night i finished and made sure to fully close the app world. about 15 min later i went back in and it had changed a bit. so im guessing as long as you fully close then reopen it will update on its own.
    04-01-09 01:46 PM
    I did that multiple times before uninstalling and reinstalling. A couple battery pulls also.

Edit: And just backing out of the App World closes the application. If you back out, and hold the BB button to look at currently running apps, it won't be listed.
    Last edited by mddoyle; 04-01-09 at 01:57 PM.
    04-01-09 01:47 PM

Now just tried Speedtest

DL speed at 274.28 kb/s
    Max Speed is 342.3 Kb/s

Upload speed 227.44 kb/s
    Max Speed 271.0 kb/s

I LOVE IT!
    I agree. Speedtest is pretty legit.
    04-01-09 02:05 PM
    Successful OTA download in under 30 secs. Hopefully good things are in store...
    Pardon my newbness, but how did you get it over the air?
    04-01-09 02:19 PM
    Most of the stuff I mentioned is incredibly easy to implement and there should be no reason why it isn't implemented like I said.
    I agree.

Granted, I'm THRILLED to see an app store, even something basic. Now my friends with iPhones (I work for AT&T.... EVERYONE has an iPhone) can't talk **** about it.

Even Cydia & Installer, made by a few developers that were working on it for free had a better layout and design than the App World.. Although the advertisements got on my nerves really quick.

I hope they're not as slow with App World Updates as they are with OS Updates.
    04-01-09 02:54 PM
    Pardon my newbness, but how did you get it over the air?
    mobile.blackberry.com

it's on the home page.
    04-01-09 02:55 PM
    Oh man I can't wait to get to work and witness this epic failure.

The $2.99 minimum is going to kill this thing before its reaches 3 months old.

Anybody can design a pretty interface, I'm lost as to why it took this long.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Jeff, not bad for something that we were able to "bank on" in your words not coming out for another three weeks...we can add this to the long list of things that you were wrong about....sadly, I bet you've already downloaded it...ha ha ha..keep hating ... just keep buying....ha ha ha
    04-01-09 03:16 PM
    I will agree...it looks like a nice fresh start....it can only get better...
    04-01-09 03:31 PM
    Decent interface. Looking forward to more graphical interfaces of apps. Most apps, such as unit converters, tip, and mortgage calculators are way too plain. I know the BB is a business phone, but come on programmers, use a little color and ingenuity!
    Just my .02

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 03:41 PM
    i downloaded the app a few hours ago and im loving how it looks! but frownin about the prices...its all good tho cuz i got my FREE radio app on my storm =D im sure everyone knows about the iHeartRadio app and its features...im still hooked on the fact that it's simple to use and offers different options. it really caters to what I want <333 im happy with it and i dont think ill ever go back to pandora
    04-01-09 03:55 PM
    Does anyone know how to fix this problems "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again"
    04-01-09 03:59 PM
    ok appworld gone. tried it for a day and im done.for whatever reason it just caused my phone to run slow as a turtle. even when appworld was closed i was getting hourglasses everytime i touched the phone. tried to unload and reinstall and got same results. i still dont see the big deal with this app, for myself i mean. im sure many others are thrilled to have it. anyway gave it a try but i'll stick with just sending what i want through sms from my pc to my phone. no need to have a extra app soaking up memory.

once appworld was unloaded phone goes back to normal.
    Last edited by strmtrooper; 04-01-09 at 09:55 PM. Reason: cant spell and too lazy to proof read
    04-01-09 09:52 PM
113 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD