Ive got a brand new bb 8520 & im trying to download app world for the first time.
    I keep getting this message -

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World.

Does anyone know how i can fix it
    Thnak you

PS i dont have a data plan cos im on contract & it wont let me
    04-30-10 09:58 AM
    It wont let you do it because you do not have a data plan. The fix is to get a data plan.

Call TMO. Im sure there is something you can do.
    04-30-10 10:04 AM
    Ive got a brand new bb 8520 & im trying to download app world for the first time.
    I keep getting this message -

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World.

Does anyone know how i can fix it
    Thnak you

PS i dont have a data plan cos im on contract & it wont let me
    i was able to use appworld when i was on 4.6 even without a data plan, yesterday i've updated to os 5 and now i get the same message too..
    04-30-10 10:25 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm....24-os-5.0.zip, link by jackbox
    04-30-10 10:35 AM
    Ive tried to install it from the link you gave but i just get an error saying the java file isnt valid
    Ive contact tmobile & i can get a data plan for �5 a month so il gonna just do that lol
    05-01-10 01:38 AM
    I checked my phone & its on there but when i click it i get an error starting message, saying both files are not found
    05-01-10 01:45 AM
    I had no problem on my 8520 with OS 5, not sure why others are?
    05-01-10 11:58 AM
    So here's my deal:

I updated to OS5. Just after the update, App World was still in the menu, but right after the first reboot it disappeared. It does show up in the installed applications list, but I'm not able to access it at all.

When downloading sg. from an app world web link, I only get the "unknown mime type" error.

I'm trying to play with uninstalling and reinstalling App World, Desktop Manager... etc.

I know that my country is "unsupported", but so far it didn't hinder me from downloading free apps.

Any tips on how to make it show up?
    05-06-10 02:53 PM
    Any tips on how to make it show up?
    I had the exact same problem. If I remember correctly, this is what I did...

You say the icon doesn't show up but it's listed in applications list? Go into the BB menu and select Delete to remove it from the list. Now reboot the phone. The app should not be on the list anymore.

Re-install AppWorld. (Another reboot may be needed.)

At least that worked for me.
    05-06-10 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD