Hello, there; I've searched the forum for an answer to this and found no meaningful posts, so I thought I'd post this here as a comment/question.

Just before I upgraded to a Tour, I opened a Blackberry App World account on my 8830, and bought a subscription-based app. Upgraded to the 9630, purchased another app (plus in the meantime downloading a few freebies). Then the trackball issue raised it's head, and I went through a couple (on my third & hopefully last) Tours. In the transferring process lost the apps; went to re-load them, and got this message:

You have used all your available device PIN changes for your My World account.

So App World will no longer let me re-load my purchased apps, or even by new ones.

I registered with the special BlackBerry App World support forum and posted the issue; one person posted a "Gee, that's too bad" comment, and that was it.

I have searched BlackBerry's web site long and hard for a way to reach a human being with the issue to no avail.

I don't think it's fair that I'm locked out of my apps in the name of DRM because of a faulty product that they sold me.

I would much rather do business with CrackBerry's App Store from Mobihand. Mobihand has a tool that one can use to enter the PIN of a device when you switch to a new one; new unlock codes are generated automatically, as many times as you need to. If there's a problem, you can email Mobihand support and be answered by a real person who takes care of the problem, and you're good to go in a few hours.

Surely, with all the problem with the Tour trackballs, I'm not the only one that this has happened to! Take heed, don't swap out too many BlackBerries, or you may be out of luck(!)
    09-29-09 10:31 PM
    Hello, there; I've searched the forum for an answer to this and found no meaningful posts, so I thought I'd post this here as a comment/question.

Just before I upgraded to a Tour, I opened a Blackberry App World account on my 8830, and bought a subscription-based app. Upgraded to the 9630, purchased another app (plus in the meantime downloading a few freebies). Then the trackball issue raised it's head, and I went through a couple (on my third & hopefully last) Tours. In the transferring process lost the apps; went to re-load them, and got this message:

You have used all your available device PIN changes for your My World account.

So App World will no longer let me re-load my purchased apps, or even by new ones.

I registered with the special BlackBerry App World support forum and posted the issue; one person posted a "Gee, that's too bad" comment, and that was it.

I have searched BlackBerry's web site long and hard for a way to reach a human being with the issue to no avail.

I don't think it's fair that I'm locked out of my apps in the name of DRM because of a faulty product that they sold me.

I would much rather do business with CrackBerry's App Store from Mobihand. Mobihand has a tool that one can use to enter the PIN of a device when you switch to a new one; new unlock codes are generated automatically, as many times as you need to. If there's a problem, you can email Mobihand support and be answered by a real person who takes care of the problem, and you're good to go in a few hours.

Surely, with all the problem with the Tour trackballs, I'm not the only one that this has happened to! Take heed, don't swap out too many BlackBerries, or you may be out of luck(!)
    I had the curve 8320, upgraded to 8520, it was running hot, Tmobile sent another one, went to download app world and I receive the error message trying to resolve error. What the **** is that. I got fed up deleted app world and all the apps, now only buy apps from Crackberry and other sites that use Mobihand so if the problem occurs or any problem occurs with the berry they will allow me to change pin number. the nerve of app world. Lost me as a customer forever. Always push for someone to download App world on your blackberry. Chicken? You know the word. Thanks for your heads up post.
    09-29-09 10:55 PM
    I simply wish someone could/would bring this to RIM's attention; this issue, I'm sure, is an unintended consequence they were short-sighted about compensating for ahead of time.
    09-29-09 11:11 PM
    I see App World has an update; perhaps this has a fix for this issue inside
    09-30-09 06:46 PM
    Downloaded latest version of BlackBerry App World, and it cleared everything up. When I logged in to My World, all my paid apps began listing on the screen; reloaded one, and it came back just fine.
    09-30-09 08:58 PM
    Correction: I had actually loaded previous version of App World, which did the fix; by coincidence shortly thereafter I received an update notice for BB App World, and that download/install went without a hitch. All better now, I guess
    09-30-09 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD