Each time my 9700 reboots, Blackberry Appworld disappears. Does anyone else have this happen and if so, how do you prevent it? Thanks a buttload.
    11-23-09 05:23 PM
    options icon > applications

is it still listed there?
    11-23-09 05:25 PM
    I can't speak for lighthouse, but my appworld disppeared this morning and is not in the applications menu.
    11-24-09 09:34 AM
    To you guys who are having App World disappear on you...

Have you recently deleted apps that you downloaded via App World?

If so, did you delete them from your Application List?
    11-24-09 09:44 AM
    I did delete an App but not through App world (first time using a BB).

I just found that this could be a possible reason for app world disappearing.
    11-24-09 09:51 AM
    I did delete an App but not through App world (first time using a BB).

I just found that this could be a possible reason for app world disappearing.
    I think this could be the problem...

I read that if you delete an app that you downloaded via App World from the Applications list, then you could suffer App World disappearing

What you should do is delete these apps directly from My World, within App World.

Another handy tip - To delete your App World cache, go to My World and press Alt R S T (keeping your finger on Alt). This will close App World, delete the cache, and update the installed app list status
    11-24-09 10:20 AM
    I've been struggling with this problem FOREVER, it seems and I've only had my Bold 9700 for a week. I would install App World and then the archived apps I deleted would reappear. If I deleted the archived apps that still had icons and rebooted, then App World would disappear. I was going crazy.

Then I installed App World again and used App World's "My World" to reinstall all 3 apps that were reappearing even though I uninstalled them on my device manually. Then I pulled the battery, and when rebooted, I used "My World" to uninstall all 3 apps again. Then I battery-pulled-rebooted again and low and behold, the apps were gone, and App World was still there.

Thank you to Phill_UK. Great advice and it worked in real life too
    12-03-09 12:24 PM
    IAnother handy tip - To delete your App World cache, go to My World and press Alt R S T (keeping your finger on Alt). This will close App World, delete the cache, and update the installed app list status
    That's awesome! Thanks for this tip. How did you figure? There should be a command under the menus for this... Doing ALT+R+S+T seems so backdoorish... sneaky.
    12-03-09 01:48 PM
    my phone never came with appworld....
    12-03-09 03:45 PM
    my phone never came with appworld....
    ...download it like everyone else did then
    12-03-09 03:51 PM
    Each time my 9700 reboots, Blackberry Appworld disappears. Does anyone else have this happen and if so, how do you prevent it? Thanks a buttload.
    I have not had it vanish on a reboot but it will go away if you attempt to delete an App World application on its own and not through App World itself.
    12-03-09 05:40 PM
    yeah it has happend to me...and it always happens after uninstalling and app which prompts you for reboot...a quick fix is to head on over to mobile.blackberry.com and reinstall it all over again...which is a pain in the *** but that's the only thing ...phew thought only I had the bad seed.
    12-03-09 09:40 PM
    Verified. This issue was driving me nuts. I uninstalled a theme and BB App World went missing in action. It was definitely because I did not use app world to uninstall.
    12-10-09 08:00 AM
    Whenever it disappears and it is reinstalled does it take up double the amount of space or when it disappears is it completely removed?
    12-18-09 03:45 AM
    Another handy tip - To delete your App World cache, go to My World and press Alt R S T (keeping your finger on Alt). This will close App World, delete the cache, and update the installed app list status
    Very handy tip, how did you figure that one out?
    12-18-09 07:47 AM
    Thank you all for CRACKBERRY.COM that was the best information yet
    01-02-10 09:07 PM
    i got the same problem but it's not just app world. this time my MAP was disappear but it's still in the application list.

i really have no idea what was just happen.

please help
    01-09-10 02:35 PM
    I think this could be the problem...

I read that if you delete an app that you downloaded via App World from the Applications list, then you could suffer App World disappearing

What you should do is delete these apps directly from My World, within App World.

So I did this and in Downloads, still shows quickpull (archived). Does doing this clearing of the cache clear that out, too? Or does it only free me now to delete that archived app and have it not delete BB App World along with it?
    Thanks!
    01-17-10 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD