First of all, this is an awsome program (BlackBerry App World) that they have for the BlackBerry. I needed to start off by saying that. Now,

I am curious about BlackBerry App World.

I have the Pearl, Curve, and the Flip.

I have/had BlackBerry App World on all three devices.

Why are there certain apps available only on those devices, yet they are not device specific apps.

Example: Quickpull, that is not device specific, and it is available on my app world for the Curve and the Pearl, but not there for the Flip.

Callsblocker is another app that comes to mind.

There are many more, just that those were on the top of the pile.

Why would there be specific apps but not all available apps? Do they not generate from within the same App pool?

Just a curiosity.

I would like to see some of the apps (that are not device specific) available on the Flip.

msblueline
    06-02-09 12:05 PM
    It's not device specific but more OS specific. A app that was created for 4.6 will not work on 4.3...and so on.
    06-02-09 12:07 PM
    It's not device specific but more OS specific. A app that was created for 4.6 will not work on 4.3...and so on.
    Ahh!

I keep forgetting that the 8230 has the 4.6, and all the others are still 4.5.

Yes, now that does make sense, but,

Why would the apps that are on the 4.5 not work n the 4.6.

The quickpull, CallsBlocker, and buzzme, which are available on the Curve and Pearl, are not showing available on the Flip. I would understand if it were the other way around.

msblueline
    06-02-09 12:33 PM
    Why would the apps that are on the 4.5 not work n the 4.6.
    msblueline
    That would depend on the developer of the app itself.
    06-02-09 12:53 PM
    I guess so, I get caught up in the moment.

I look at things like Windows 98, it works on Vista... But Vista, will NOT work on Windows 98. So, in my mind, 4.5 should work on 4.6, just not the other way around.

Thanks,

msblueline
    06-02-09 01:02 PM
    I have. quickpull & buzzme on my 8220. with no problems about 60 days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 02:32 PM
    What is the callsblocker? Sorry to highjack a thread.
    06-02-09 02:35 PM
    I have. quickpull & buzzme on my 8220. with no problems about 60 days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's not an issue of getting it. I didn't understand why it was available on the Pearl and Curve, but not on the Flip's BlackBerry App World.

What is the callsblocker? Sorry to highjack a thread.
    CallsBlocker is just a free app to block unwanted calls. I started getting calls on my cell phone from telemarketers. I would call the number back and the first thing mentioned is "if you would like to be added to our do not call list press 2 now".

I never pressed 2 because that would only confirm that someone uses that number. I just block the number with callsblocker and voila, probelm solved. Until they call with another number.

They would use the same number a few times, I would block it, another numbmer would show up.

msblueline
    06-02-09 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD