This is one of my major pet peeves with blackberry!
    Stuff like the new Facebook application was first made available on App World and i think it's absolute BS that just because i'm currently out of the US, i need to figure out workarounds for things as trivial as installing (well in my case upgrading) applications on my blackberry handset that's associated with a legitimate BIS account through a supported mobile operator!

Sure after some googling i got an OTA link that worked to install Facebook, and i'm also aware there's also a way to fool BB and install app world.. but is all this really necessary?!!

If the issue is billing related.. well at least allow the damn thing to be installed and only allow free applications!.

p.s: my OS has Blackberry App World preloaded.. and the thing wont show up even after a wipe and a hard reset.
    i even tried installing it directly by loading the COD files BBSAK.. and while my applications list shows that its installed, and shows the modules.. i simply have no icon to run the thing, but that's a different subject anyway..

/rant
    08-20-10 11:56 AM
    I had no problem with app world 1.1.0.35 but now I need the new app world 2.0.0.36 and I can't find a person that will share me the cod file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD