I was looking for the CBS sports app but is says it is not supported by the device. Is that because the 9650 is new?
    07-20-10 06:58 AM
    I'm not sure. I had it on my Tour during the NCAA basketball tournament. Anyone using the CBS sports app?
    07-20-10 07:06 AM
    This has actually happened with a few apps....
    07-20-10 10:39 AM
    Wow so no one else has come across this when downloading apps?
    07-22-10 07:14 AM
    What apps in particular are you looking for? And are you aware that there is a 3rd party app thread in a differnt location that might better address your concerns?

I am a sports fanatic and I am not sure what CBS sports app you are talking about. Could you give me more detail? I would like to help you. Sincerely I would. Please tell me more!
    07-22-10 08:04 AM
    Thanks for the reply. No, I was not aware of the 3rd party apps thread. Thanks.
    I was trying to install mlb.com, Fox news bookmark, cbs sports....they all say "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier. I had all those on my curve, so I am guessing the bold is too new.
    07-22-10 09:25 AM
    OK, I am still looking into the mlb thing myself for you, but in the meantime, are you talking about launchers?

Like an icon that takes you to the website, or a real app that actually is a program? Because if you want launchers, go here on your bb and install whatever you like from this master list:
    Blackberry Launchers

Was the mlb app a paid app or a free app? I'm assuming free.

Have you tried m.mlb.com in your bb browser?
    that gets you to the mobile version of mlb.com or is that NOT what you were after?
    I'm sorry I am confused. Please clarify more for me, ok?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-22-10 at 09:52 AM. Reason: added mobile site url
    07-22-10 09:45 AM
    OK, I also found this:

wap.mlb.com/blackberry from your blackberry browser

will allow you to choose your favorite team and it will put a shortcut on your homescreen of the team icon that will lead you to the website. So my team is the Nationals. I go to that address, click the name, get an icon doanloaded and the icon is put on my desktop. Whenever I click the icon, I can see the Nats scores, games in progress, news stories, gallery, etc...

Is this what you were after?
    07-22-10 09:57 AM
    Thanks. That launcher site is pretty cool. I am still curious why when I went to the following link BlackBerry App World - CBS Sports Bookmark and tried to download an app from app world it wouldn't work.
    07-23-10 08:24 AM
    OK just to check, you ARE going there from your blackberry, correct?
    And your info says 8330 but you have the 9650 now, correct?

I have downloaded apps from App World. It does work on the 9650 but you have to have App WOrld installed first. Did you install App World itself first?

PS If you checked out the link I gave you...
    Go to that link on your blackberry browser.
    Go to the one that says CBS SPORTS.
    IT IS THE EXACT SAME CBS SPORTS BOOKMARK YOU ARe TRYING TO DOWNLOAD FROM APP WORLD
    just click on it and it will download to your blackberry.
    Trust me. I did it.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-23-10 at 08:47 AM.
    07-23-10 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD