Hello

My apologies if this has been posted somewhere else on this forum. If it has, please let me know. I recently upgraded to Blackberry App World 2.0.0.36. Now when I go into the application, I get the following message:

"Blackberry Apps World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again."

Does anyone know how to fix this? Your responses are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    09-01-10 11:13 AM
    Same problem here on a BB 9700? No solution yet for me.
    09-01-10 01:05 PM
    Hello

My apologies if this has been posted somewhere else on this forum. If it has, please let me know. I recently upgraded to Blackberry App World 2.0.0.36. Now when I go into the application, I get the following message:

"Blackberry Apps World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again."

Does anyone know how to fix this? Your responses are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    I was a Beta tester for the new app world 2.0 so... if you go to options on your device and go to applications and change to "ADD ON" you will find app world. Click your BB button and highlight change default permissions and make sure ALL permissions are set to allow. IF not they should be and then a battery pull after saving your changes of course should smooth things out. Post back and let me know if this works for you.
    09-01-10 02:09 PM
    I went into options->applications (I wasn't sure what you meant by "go to applications and change to "ADD ON""), hit the BB button to bring up "Edit Default Permissions", set everything to allow and saved it. I then did a battery pull, but I am getting the same message. I am wondering, do i have to be using OS 5.0 for appworld to work? Thanks in advance.
    09-02-10 04:47 PM
    When you open your Options/Applications list, at the top is a drop-down menu that will say 3rd Party. Click it and your other choices will be Add-On and Core.
    Select Add-On, scroll to BB App World but don't click it.
    Press MENU (bb logo button) and select Edit Default Permissions.
    09-02-10 05:03 PM
    I went into options->applications (I wasn't sure what you meant by "go to applications and change to "ADD ON""), hit the BB button to bring up "Edit Default Permissions", set everything to allow and saved it. I then did a battery pull, but I am getting the same message. I am wondering, do i have to be using OS 5.0 for appworld to work? Thanks in advance.
    It would be much better if you were using 5.0.0.732 or depending on what OS 5.0 your carrier has for the latest on your Tour. I was giving you instructions thinking you had 5.0 but if you are using 4.7 what I meant was to go to Options> then Applications and find App world. Once you find and highlight it, hit the BB menu button and there you will see where you can edit permissions. Once you have them all set to allow and save it there should be no reason why 2.0 should not work. You can always try and uninstall app world and reinstall it clean(2.0 that is) then do a battery pull again for good measure and try it remembering to make sure once again all permissions are set to allow. You should be good after that. Post back and let me know.
    09-02-10 05:03 PM
    I tried what you said, but app world is still not working. the only thing i can thing of is that i have to be on OS 5.0 but not sure if that will work either.
    09-08-10 05:17 PM
    I'm on a hybrid 4.5 OS and I get it to work. Occasionally, I get the message you get and then hit log-in again & it usually works.
    09-08-10 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD