View Poll Results: Do you like the name "Blackberry App World'?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

69 49.29%
  • **** no!

71 50.71%
    I personally think this name is HORRIBLE...

Once again RIM drops the ball...or should I say globe...
    03-04-09 01:18 PM
    I just told my girl they had all these months to think of a name and this is what they come up with.

Then again I didn't like the app storefront name either though.
    03-04-09 01:27 PM
    Who cares...all you want is the storefront to deliver the apps anyone...does it really matter what its called?
    03-04-09 01:36 PM
    Who cares...all you want is the storefront to deliver the apps anyone...does it really matter what its called?
    AGREED!!! Who gives a Shizzle what they name it??? Let's just be happy it's almost here people. LOL! YES YES YES!
    03-04-09 01:38 PM
    Wait when is it coming this week? Will it kinds be like the I phones or not many sops yet and rim made most of them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 01:45 PM
    It's not that it matters, but RIM could have came up with something better than that...

They could have left it as Application center...or called it BB App Store/Center. Keep it simple

BB App world brings MacWorld to mind...RIM is always a step behind. Steve Jobs and company are probably laughing as we speak...
    03-04-09 01:48 PM
    Someone commenting on this on BGR said, "At least they didn't call it BlackMarket."

Personally, I would've liked BlackMarket more than BlackBerry App World.
    03-04-09 01:50 PM
    Someone commenting on this on BGR said, "At least they didn't call it BlackMarket."

Personally, I would've liked BlackMarket more than BlackBerry App World.
    +1, however that might have caused some controversy...
    03-04-09 01:53 PM
    diversity is great and all but if i have any more images of hands holding from every race and religion and nationality I am going to puke. GIVE IT A REST! WE GET IT! WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! Now can we please get back to normal advertising.

Sorry for the venting. ANd the name sucks as well. I just hope that happy joy joy we are all friends image doesn't become the logo.
    03-04-09 01:56 PM
    where is this "blackberry app world" name info coming from?

EDIT: scratch that, i just saw the other threads haha
    03-04-09 01:57 PM
    03-04-09 01:59 PM
    diversity is great and all but if i have any more images of hands holding from every race and religion and nationality I am going to puke. GIVE IT A REST! WE GET IT! WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! Now can we please get back to normal advertising.

Sorry for the venting. ANd the name sucks as well. I just hope that happy joy joy we are all friends image doesn't become the logo.
    I can see how you got that take on the picture, but I took a different take. I didn't look at it so much as a "diversity" pic, as much as a pic meant to represent a "global" presence, and basically a worldly connection(hand-holding) through BB. That would also would explain why they went with Blackberry App "World" instead of "center" or "store" etc. And yes, it IS corny, but whatever...the goal is to sell stuff.

100TH POST!! I AM OFFICIALLY A CB ABUSER!!!!!
    Last edited by paulanthonyc; 03-04-09 at 02:54 PM. Reason: To Brag about my CrackBerry Status!
    03-04-09 02:11 PM
    it's a pretty gay name
    03-04-09 02:17 PM
    They could have called it the BlackBerry Swap Meet for all I care, it's just a name. I just want it to roll out already.
    Last edited by TheKid23; 03-04-09 at 06:02 PM.
    03-04-09 02:25 PM
    Stupid name, but I'm just glad it is coming.
    03-04-09 02:28 PM
    It's not that it matters, but RIM could have came up with something better than that...

They could have left it as Application center...or called it BB App Store/Center. Keep it simple

BB App world brings MacWorld to mind...RIM is always a step behind. Steve Jobs and company are probably laughing as we speak...
    dam G people are jus never satisfied.. who cares what they called it let em call it whatever they feel like callin it as long as it has some kick-a$$ apps to compare w iphone's 3rd party apps.... thats all the iphone got on the storm as of now idc what any1 says we own them but the only thing that makes theirs cooler is their 3rd party apps....

of all the things you jus mention the hand holding??? again who cares what the logo is.... as long as they have some kick a$$ apps... sounds like you gotta racist problem G
    03-04-09 02:29 PM
    I voted yes but only because there wasn't a 'couldn't care less what the h*** they call it' option...
    03-04-09 03:08 PM
    Excited! Coming soon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 03:36 PM
    Do we have a confirmed date yet?

unaware
    03-04-09 03:39 PM
    I'm the 21st deciding vote for a "Yes"

Why are people so bent out of shape about a name? We should know by now that a name is just a name. It holds no major determining significance. It isn't the name that makes something what it is, it's what it is capable of and what it ultimately offers that decides whether Michael Jordan is just the name of some random guy who liked to play basketball or whether he is one of the greatest basketball players ever.

Hence why we have a President by the name of Barack Obama

Who saw that one coming?
    Last edited by Optimusv2; 03-04-09 at 03:48 PM.
    03-04-09 03:42 PM
    What if when they finally open it, it's just a link to Crackberry?
    03-04-09 03:51 PM
    I think a lot of people are going to be saddened with the quality and quantity of the app world. If you're expecting to see thousands or even hundreds of apps you might be a little sad. If you're expecting to see high quality amazing games like that of the iPhone you will be saddened again.

I'm just basing this one what kind of interest I've seen around the net for developers. This isn't a fact but merely my thoughts.
    03-04-09 04:21 PM
    I think a lot of people are going to be saddened with the quality and quantity of the app world. If you're expecting to see thousands or even hundreds of apps you might be a little sad. If you're expecting to see high quality amazing games like that of the iPhone you will be saddened again.

I'm just basing this one what kind of interest I've seen around the net for developers. This isn't a fact but merely my thoughts.
    You might be surprised by this DMG
    Rim actually picks up developers right out of collage.
    Their main purpose is to make apps for blackberry
    You will see a good amount of apps but not as good as the iphone
    03-04-09 04:38 PM
    I agree.

The storm for one, is not made for games. Period.
    As per apps, I'd be surprised to see more then 25 for now.

03-04-09 04:38 PM

When I see this Appworld store happy picture I need to run and play Killzone 2 to restore the harmony.
    03-04-09 04:48 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD