So im still new to my phone storm, but im wondering if the app world is worth downloading? any input to this would be much appreciated. im curious to what aplications are in there that make it the "bomb diggitiy" hah

-Mark
    08-23-09 12:26 PM
    I far prefer CrackBerry/Mobihand's App Store. App World has some cute stuff on it, but I feel the App Store is a little more developer-friendly thus allowing for more creators to display their wares.

I've also had great service with the App Store, with download links coming instantly.

I would also venture to say that you can find 95% of what I consider to be App World's useful apps on the App Store, but not so the other way around.
    08-23-09 12:37 PM
    I'm not going to go into which apps are good and which are bad - it's all subjective. Bare (sp?) in mind that the BlackBerry is notoriously more difficult to develop for than the iPhone. This means that the quality and quantity arent really there.

I will say, though, that App World is much improved over its release version. Check out the web version at:

BlackBerry App World - Home

That way you can check out all the apps before you download the store itself.
    08-23-09 12:40 PM
    I stick with the App Store from MobiHand personally. App World forces you to use paypal, but I don't have anything negative to say about it even with that (since I have a paypal account anyway).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by philip.stinger; 08-23-09 at 03:47 PM.
    08-23-09 12:45 PM
    I uninstalled the Blackberry Store App today from my phone for good. Memory hog, updates take forever just not worth it. Stick to crackberry app store imo.
    08-23-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD