Good Morning,
    I am looking for a way to perform a vulnerability analysis on public BlackBerry World apps. Yes I know about BlackBerry's app vetting processing using Guardian and their relationship with Trend Micro.

Currently we use a variety of tools including NowSecure Lab (for ios and android) to analyze specific apps for any security vulnerabilities that are present. This includes a static analysis of the app binaries and a dynamic analysis of the app running on the device.

Is there a similar tool to NowSecure Lab that can be used for BlackBerry World apps?
    Thank You
    10-13-15 03:13 PM
    Currently we use a variety of tools including NowSecure Lab (for ios and android) to analyze specific apps for any security vulnerabilities that are present. This includes a static analysis of the app binaries and a dynamic analysis of the app running on the device.
    I don't think that this is possible on BlackBerry 10 and BBW since you don't normally have access to the app binaries. I believe there was a weakness in BBW that did allow binary downloads, but it has since been patched.

Likewise, there is no normal way for a third party app running on a device to get process inspection level access to other running apps.

You'd have to talk to BlackBerry to see what extended possibilities they can allow you.
    10-13-15 06:18 PM