I understand why most of the apps are lacking on blackberry compared to the other devices out there like the iphone and the droids so no need for that discussion here. But my question is why are blackberry apps soo expensive?

When i had the droid incredible for a week the most expensive app i saw was 5 dollars. In the BB app world there are apps for 35 dollars and higher for nothing spectacular to warrant such a high price tag.

Side note same goes for the apple apps i own an ipod touch and i have never encountered an app that was so expensive. In fact the best apps are usually no more then .99 for example angry birds...
    09-01-10 06:01 PM
    People charge what they think they can get away with. All the prices in the apple store got driven way down mostly by oversaturation.

More saturation = lower prices. Less saturation = higher prices. So if you understand the first part, you understand the second part.
    09-01-10 06:03 PM
    I want to add, that if you understand why Blackberry apps are lacking (difficult to make) then you understand why they cost more...
    09-01-10 06:32 PM
    That is so true, they are behind with everything so something that someone thinks is good, people will pay to get it. They will charge a lot for it.
    09-01-10 06:47 PM
    The funny thing is a lot of the really good apps aren't really that expensive (some common utility apps that add a lot of functionality running about $2-7), that or free (a lot of the best apps are free).

It's a lot of the mediocre/crappy apps that are stupid expensive, or the ones with no competitors that aren't really that great but there aren't a great deal of options...

It's a weird, weird app market.
    09-01-10 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD