Hello All CrackBerry friends. I have some concerns. I backup my awesome Bold 9930 on both my MAC home DM and my Laptop PC using Blackberry DM for each machine. Both builds are the latest from what I can see. The MAC Build is Version 2.1.2 (build 8) and the PC is Version 6.1.0.35. When backing up my device, I see that there are many languages other than English which are already checked as installed, I'm sure from the factory. Then when I check Application on DM, I also see those same unwanted languages taking up space. Can I delete all of those languages since I only use the English Language, thereby freeing up some extra space or will I potentially harm my Bold 9930? I've never deleted languages on any Blackberry Device I've ever owned so I'm a bit concerned. Also, one more quick item I've noticed. I checked third party and other Applications and according to both DM's I do not have Blackberry Protect checked as installed. I don't understand that because it came preloaded on my device and has been doing its job since day one. It locates my phone and backs up when scheduled. For some reason the box that indicates it is installed is not checked. I don't really mind since it is working and that's what matters, but should I dare check the box so it will be re-installed or just leave it alone. My BB Protect is also the latest version, 1.1.1.19. and when I checked it's properties on my 9930, all of the info is correct. So again in a nutshell, do I need all of those un-used languages or should I uninstall them for more space and should I just not worry about BB Protect not showing up in the Applications box on both MAC and PC DM's?....Sorry for the long note, didn't know how to shorten it without giving you guys all the facts. Thank You all who can help..
    09-04-11 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD