ShopCrackBerry.com has both of these programs bundled for $18. After trying Cerberus Call Filter with mixed results, I decided to download the i-softwarelabs.com products and give them a try. I am most interested in stopping the annoying calls from credit card companies while I try to get caught up. My question is, how to best use these products together or should I just be using one or the other? Is anyone familiar enough to advise me on this?
    01-17-09 11:54 PM
    I have both apps, since I bought B&W and they throw in icall for free. B&W seems to have taken a backseat to icall. Go the icall route as they both do the same thing. Oh, and it works well.
    01-22-09 05:23 PM
    Yes it does! I settled on iCall as well and it is a wonderful utility.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 02:13 PM
    I just bought the iCall Manager and Black & White List combo and can't get either one configured to do exactly what I want. I want to Blacklist certain numbers AND block hidden/private numbers. Neither app seems to be able to do both. Is this right or am I missing something in the instructions? TIA!
    03-27-09 09:46 AM
    @ramathorn Just take the Black List profile, edit it by adding all the numbers bothering you and chose to reject hidden/private numbers.I did so.
    I also use iCall which is good, kicks in exactly when needed but missing one HUGE feature: auto-profile set. I usually forget I have the White List for the night and next day my phone won't ring. That's what smarter programs like Advanced Call Manager do. Unfortunately, that program had a laggy response to reject phonecalls, so not really an option atm. But in the future...
    03-27-09 10:33 AM
    I'm waiting for the proting of my landline to my cell to be completed before installing the icall manager lite trial. It'll get a good test then.

But I noticed on the website that they have a comparison between B&W and Icall Lite and Icall Pro. Looks like icall lite has all the features of B&W and then some additional, and likewise Pro has all the features of lite and then some. But I don't see a way to download a trial or even purchase Pro.

However, I don't see a link to their support or contact. does anyone know if the Pro version is released yet?

Can icall be set up to immediately send all calls to my voicemail rather than ring my phone so that I won't be disturbed while listning to the radio?
    03-27-09 12:51 PM
    I'm waiting for the proting of my landline to my cell to be completed before installing the icall manager lite trial. It'll get a good test then.

But I noticed on the website that they have a comparison between B&W and Icall Lite and Icall Pro. Looks like icall lite has all the features of B&W and then some additional, and likewise Pro has all the features of lite and then some. But I don't see a way to download a trial or even purchase Pro.

However, I don't see a link to their support or contact. does anyone know if the Pro version is released yet?

Can icall be set up to immediately send all calls to my voicemail rather than ring my phone so that I won't be disturbed while listning to the radio?

Pro isn't out yet. Soleil just got married last weekend so his programming has been suffering just a little.

What I found when listening to Mobiola xPlayer was that the volume of the audio fades for a second or so when a blacklisted call comes in. With iCall set up for Drop Call and Reject, all of the hidden/private and blacklisted numbers don't ring your phone but go straight to voicemail.

Only issue I have is that if you're on a call already when one of these calls comes in, the current call gets put on hold. Kind of difficult to pick up your current call under such circumstances, and especially when you're in a hurry to do so. Best thing to do I've found is turn iCall off when I know I've got a call I don't want interrupted, then reject unwanted calls manually while I'm on the phone. Soleil says he will be working on this when he's released from his current responsibilities.
    03-27-09 01:10 PM
    @ramathorn Just take the Black List profile, edit it by adding all the numbers bothering you and chose to reject hidden/private numbers.I did so.
    I also use iCall which is good, kicks in exactly when needed but missing one HUGE feature: auto-profile set. I usually forget I have the White List for the night and next day my phone won't ring. That's what smarter programs like Advanced Call Manager do. Unfortunately, that program had a laggy response to reject phonecalls, so not really an option atm. But in the future...
    Thx for the quick response. I made the changes you suggested and I've got iCall set to "OFF" now. We shall wait and see...
    03-27-09 01:13 PM
    No people!
    And you're not?
    03-28-09 02:17 AM
    Eh, both these programs are disappointing anyway until they add sms filtering.. It can't be that hard, but until they or someone else adds it, no filtering prog for the BB will stack up to iBlacklist imo.. I know someone can do it, they have one for the nokiaS60 called Blackballer, now that's sad if we can't even get one for BB!

B&W list says they accept feedback for future versions but the forum is always down.. But please submit feedback for this whenever possible!

The Blackberry world deserves it..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by NinjaB; 03-29-09 at 02:12 PM.
    03-29-09 02:01 PM
    i dont use neither of those anymore. if u want paypal me $10 and ill give u my licenses wit all my info so u can trasnfer to ur name
    03-29-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD