Just read Bitbop, a sort of mobile Hulu, is signing up beta testers for their mobile app.

http://www.bitbop.com/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 09:27 PM
    Just read Bitbop, a sort of mobile Hulu, is signing up beta testers for their mobile app.

Bitbop - Bitbop | Watch on-demand TV and movies on your phone

Well, If you have one of the Phones that Support it!

I bookmarked it, Because In Sept... I will Most Likely be Upgrading to the Bold 9650 Unless something Better Comes out before then.
    05-26-10 09:38 PM
    I only streamed Glee for a few seconds but the quality was decent and streamed pretty fast (using 9700 on T-Mo's 3g).
    05-26-10 10:36 PM
    Wow, its got some pretty dang good quality.
    05-27-10 12:15 AM
    Anyone have the direct link to the bitbop app for the 9630? I'm not giving them my phone number to get it. I've been scammed by "Premium Texts" before; a mysterious recurring $9.99/mo fee on my cell bill.

05-27-10 12:26 AM
    Anyone have the direct link to the bitbop app for the 9630? I'm not giving them my phone number to get it. I've been scammed by "Premium Texts" before; a mysterious recurring $9.99/mo fee on my cell bill.

Here ya go: http://mojito.bitbop.com/download/bi...d?t=0000007557
    05-27-10 12:39 AM
    I just signed up. Looks like there's a "premium" version in the works as well. After signing up for the free beta (I think that's the only one available now), it told me I could go to "my account" and enter billing info. But that's not an option at this point.

So, this may be free for now, then become a pay service later. Or maybe pay members will have access to more content newer content? I dunno.
    Last edited by Glenn J; 05-27-10 at 07:37 AM. Reason: speeling
    05-27-10 07:37 AM
    Can someone please post the cod file. I cant download it because im on the storm.
    05-27-10 07:49 AM
    I did more digging. It's going to be $9.99 a month. But it did say the only way to sign up for the is to use a credit card. So it doesn't sound like they'll be billing your wireless account.

Hopefully, it'll be free for awhile. I'm going to test this out over the weekend.
    05-27-10 08:09 AM
    Any certain settings to get this to work? Trying it on my girlfriends 9630, and it gets to the loading video screen and nothing ever happens.

05-27-10 08:20 AM
    I just signed up. Looks like there's a "premium" version in the works as well. After signing up for the free beta (I think that's the only one available now), it told me I could go to "my account" and enter billing info. But that's not an option at this point.

So, this may be free for now, then become a pay service later. Or maybe pay members will have access to more content newer content? I dunno.
    I would love it if "Premium" meant commercial free, but I am not getting my hopes up.
    05-27-10 08:51 AM
    Any certain settings to get this to work? Trying it on my girlfriends 9630, and it gets to the loading video screen and nothing ever happens.

Sorry to ask the obvious, but are you in a 3g or Wifi area?
    05-27-10 08:51 AM

Shouldn't be an issue.

From their website FAQs:

Will any charges appear on my phone bill?
    No. All your Bitbop transactions will appear on your credit card statement, We strongly recommend that you have an unlimited data plan from your mobile provider, if you are going to access...
    So if you haven't provided a CC to them, there shouldn't be any charges. Of course you may wish to watch your cell bill closely.

I like the looks of this. Smooth. Streams well on my Tour.

Things I might change:

1) Option to stay signed in on the mobile app so you don't have to sign in every time you fire up the app.

2) Confusing which way on the slide for "communications options" is the active choice. I found out it is the white portion of the slider. Perhaps use check boxes. Check box options on website didn't seem to propagate to the phone.

3) Left conv key (my QL) didn't work when Bitpop was in the foreground.

Again, no biggies. This has potential. And again, I wouldn't worry too much about bills/charges. Seems to me that "Fox Mobile" is legitimate.

But what do I know......
    Last edited by jlb21; 05-27-10 at 08:57 AM.
    05-27-10 08:54 AM

Just an FYI, you can call VZW and have them block "Premium Texts" that's what I did after a similar incident to yours, this isn't a premium text that they send though as it came through fine on mine, except I can't d/l due to having a S2.

If anyone does get this on their phone, do a favor for the rest that want to try and save the .cod with BBSAK and post the .cod file. PLEASE
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 05-27-10 at 09:07 AM. Reason: grammar
    05-27-10 09:03 AM
    Sorry to ask the obvious, but are you in a 3g or Wifi area?
    3g. Full bars.

05-27-10 09:12 AM
    Thank you

05-27-10 09:16 AM
    I watched Bones and the quality is really good on my 9630. I may actually sign up for this service once it goes premium.
    05-27-10 09:52 AM
    One other weird thing I found a minor annoyance, but again no big deal.....if you search by Network and select a network, you see their shows which are on bitbop, but you cannot select from there. You have to go back to the main browse screen to do it.
    05-27-10 09:54 AM
    Here's an interesting question......

Remember the problems we (or many) had regarding watching eps/clips/etc on m.nbc.com.......

There was that entire discussion if it was an NBC problem, or a problem with the requests coming from RIM's servers in Canada, etc.

Well, as of this morning, I still cannot watch NBC video content from their mobile site, but I can watch NBC shows through Bitbop.

So that tells me even more succinctly that viewing issues from the m.nbc.com website are more than likely to be how their site itself is handling the traffic from RIMs servers.

I imagine that since bitbop will eventually be a pay service which I also assume the networks contributing content to would get some piece of that pie, that they make sure there are no problems. I wonder if the content is copied to bitbop's servers and the streamed from there or if bitbop is accessing the streams from the the network's sites.........
    05-27-10 10:17 AM
    but for the life of me i can't get any video to play. Error message keeps popping up.

Any suggestions???
    05-27-10 10:55 AM
    One other weird thing I found a minor annoyance, but again no big deal.....if you search by Network and select a network, you see their shows which are on bitbop, but you cannot select from there. You have to go back to the main browse screen to do it.
    I noticed that too. Seemed a bit odd...but they are still in beta.

I read more of the terms of service and all that fun small print. Premium service will be $9.99 a month. That's a bit steep for me.
    05-27-10 11:35 AM
    Agreed. But maybe they will offer up some free subs to those of us getting in on the beta and offering our thoughts to them......
    05-27-10 11:50 AM
    I get an error: "the video cannot be found. Please select another video" anytime I try to play anything.

05-28-10 09:32 PM
    I like it!

05-30-10 11:42 AM
    There is an update for BitBop now that may help some of you having trouble with it.
    06-03-10 03:10 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD