All of a sudden after I rebooted my phone I have a Bing icon on my home screen. It wasn't there before. Anyone have any idea what it is? And how that might have happened? I can't seem to get rid of it, as it is not in my Applications list. I don't even know what Bing is.

Thanks!
    12-18-09 11:13 PM
    It's being pushed to all Verizon customers, as long as you do not install the icon, it is doing absolutely nothing. The best you can do is hide the icon or put it in a folder...
    12-18-09 11:15 PM
    OOooh I see. THanks for letting me know!
    12-18-09 11:16 PM
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing. My phone died, I charged it & out of nowhere Bing icon was there lol. I was like how did that get there?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 12:10 AM
    It's being pushed to all Verizon customers, as long as you do not install the icon, it is doing absolutely nothing. The best you can do is hide the icon or put it in a folder...
    I kinda thought that's was what vzw had done. I was pretty sure someone would ask here and your suggestion was what I have done as far as hiding the icon anywho. Thanks

PS: I made a folder and put it in now (with other bs I don't use ,lol)and hide that folder.
    Last edited by DavidNC; 12-21-09 at 04:33 AM. Reason: PS; added
    12-19-09 06:43 AM
    What kinda BS is this? How can verizon just push out an app on us?

12-20-09 07:34 AM
    same thing to me but a lil different, i had bing on my phone when i got it but after a reboot the 'stock search engine' on the browser was google and bing after a reboot google is gone and only bing is there
    12-20-09 07:36 AM
    What kinda BS is this? How can verizon just push out an app on us?

It is NOT the app, it's just the shortcut icon that if opened will take you to the BING download page via your browser and even then you still would have to select the dl button to dl. Search the threads out here and you will find that it's something they've done for awhile. Just hide the icon and problem solved. One could rant and rave here all day and VZW will still do nothing about it. They've done this with "Slacker Radio, VisualVoiceMail, VcastSongID, and VcastVideos".
    Once again, these are all just icons that take you to the download page if you wish to install.

Just an FYI for those that are unfamiliar with VZW's (evil and wicked ways) lol
    12-20-09 08:32 AM
    :shakes fist in the air: lol

12-20-09 10:40 AM
    I still have the original search engine, I guess it's because I didn't fully download the Bing thing or whatever. I just hid the icon.
    12-20-09 07:19 PM
    I still have the original search engine, I guess it's because I didn't fully download the Bing thing or whatever. I just hid the icon.
    go over to the verizon thread theres 40+ pages on this,i guess all BB users will have bing as there only search engine cause microsoft paid the cash to do it with verizon,so its not gonna matter if you hide the icon within time it will be pushed into all BB users (verizon)
    12-20-09 07:35 PM
    It's just as well, the original search engine always sucked anyway.
    12-20-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD