Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation BeWeather is NOT accurate?

Is anyone have an issue with Version: 2 of BeWeather not being accurate for Calgary, Alberta, Canada? The temperate is waaaaaaayyyyy off and weather warning are delayed as well.

Please let me know if there is a way to fix this from my end. I know that this is most likely caused by their server issues or something....??
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

It is NOT accurate since last month.... it was running well since I installed it, but now it is not accurate at all.
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

I think it depends on location may be some server issue with some location , i have
    3 places in my list the 2 are accurate and 1 is not and sometime had an error with updating
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    4,226 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOHICA

Mine started acting up about 3 days ago with it just displaying the same temp no matter what time of day it is. I deleted it and reinstalled it and that seemed to fix the issue. hopefully they fix this bug soon.
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,527 Global Posts

It's an issue with the reporting weather station.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

I agree, it sounds like the reporting station is not sending updates. You can always go in and change the weather station for your current location.

I know the closest station to me puts out updates approximately every four to six hours. The next town over puts out updates every hour, so I chose that one.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts

I'm having a similar problem, and it's not the reporting station, the weather report on my phone is way off of what all others are reporting I have a 0% chance of rain for Saturday for example, whereas Weathereye has 60% chance and even the underground weather website has listed 70% chance of rain. Underground weather being the source used for Beweather.

Is there a way for me to correct this discrepancy myself, as I hear the support at Bellshare is a bit lacking. Like I said, the website is correct, but not on the app.
    Nokia 638, Nokia 6160, Nokia3360, Sony Ericsson T306, Nokia 3220, Nokia 6682, Nokia 6133, BlackBerry Pearl 8120, BlackBerry Pearl 8220, Back to 8120, BlackBerry Storm2 9550, Back to 8120 again, BlackBerry Torch 9800.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    PIN
    you may just ask me instead :D

im using the paid version and my report says sunny when it's raining outside lmao
    it happened twice, other than that it's mostly correct although the station in my city reports only every 3 hours and there are times where it takes up to 5 hours

imo beweather is quite good but $9.99 is quite big. i accidentally bought this app btw thinking i clicked trial lol (was too late to realise the trial was gone in appworld)
    "i lean against the wind, pretend that i am weightless--and in this moment i am happy" -incubus
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts

But mine is off for longer than I'm saying, just wanted to put in a sample of the problem I'm seeing. I also get where it says cloudy and it's sunny out. But the particular scenario I'm seeing now is that the website they use wwwmundergroundweather.com has a different report than the Beweather app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts

They told me to change my weather station, which, of course didn't help at all since the same weather station is displaying the correct weather on the underground weather website. I see this is going to be frustrating.

CrackBerry User

my suggestion is to try
    BlackBerry App World - Canadian Weather

for Canada. It works very well for me - extremely accurate current conditions and forecast.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I gave up on Beweather along time ago....I never found it to be accurate...but I can say the same about all weather apps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by trek750 View Post
    I gave up on Beweather along time ago....I never found it to be accurate...but I can say the same about all weather apps.
    sort of agree but really aside from that, weather itself is very unpredictable but its up to these stations to give us the most accurate update that the can (if not completely accurate). However, i think it isnt really berryweather that is to blame, but the station since it is the one sending the updates (unless there is an application glitch).

I wish i can rid of my berryweather but not now. It hasn't been a month since I ACCIDENTALLY BOUGHT IT. Yep thats right! I accidentally bought it lol
    "i lean against the wind, pretend that i am weightless--and in this moment i am happy" -incubus
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts

I think it is the app and not the reporting station. I tried all stations in my area and they all said 0% chance of rain, but it was raining at the time. The website was calling for rain, so I don't see how it could he the reporting station. For some reason that 1 piece of information isn't being relayed to the app. For me, rain or no rain is important information, and I didn't have this problem when I was using the trial version.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

I'm not sure it's berry weather. Because it's just getting the weather from weather underground site.
    I just checked this, because all week the weather condition forcast is real off. It's a lot hotter over here in Holland. Strangely the actual temperature is right saying like 27 degrees but in the forcast it's 18 degrees celsius.

So it's not berry weather, but underground weather which is off.

Just wrote underground weather a message about this problem.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdanonym View Post
    I'm not sure it's berry weather. Because it's just getting the weather from weather underground site.
    I just checked this, because all week the weather condition forcast is real off. It's a lot hotter over here in Holland. Strangely the actual temperature is right saying like 27 degrees but in the forcast it's 18 degrees celsius.

So it's not berry weather, but underground weather which is off.

Just wrote underground weather a message about this problem.
    Maybe in your situation, but in my situation, the website has a more correct prediction including rain pop. The app always says 0% pop. Obviously that's not right, its been raining all week.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    6,416 Global Posts

One of my two issues with BerryWeather ( I have the paid version) is that the actual high for the day always exceeds the forecasted hight for the day by about 3 to 4 degrees.

The other issue I have is that it is very late in chaning the forecase.
    Local Tv weather might change the chance of rain for tomorrow hours before BerryWeather.

Good luck

iPhone 4S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,527 Global Posts

Where ever the weather reporting station you are pointing to gets their info from the NWS or another source.

Forecast Highs and lows do not always match, even on the NWS site.

Also you can change how often it updates the weather info. This will make sure it's pulling in current info.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    6,416 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Where ever the weather reporting station you are pointing to gets their info from the NWS or another source.

Forecast Highs and lows do not always match, even on the NWS site.

Also you can change how often it updates the weather info. This will make sure it's pulling in current info.
    JY,
    Thanks for the reply. I have my set to update every 15 mins. So i guess the source they are using is just asleep at the wheel as for updating the forecast..

Good Luck

iPhone 4S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    PIN

i installed accuweather a couple of hours ago and used it as my weather app while i pout my beweather away just to test it.

I have noticed that accuweather is more accurate and is able to give me hourly updates as opposed to beweather which updates 3 hours or 5 hours and is often delayed no matter how i try to refresh it.

i am not starting to think that its the weather app that's not accurate and not my weather station
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts

Hi I know this is an old thread, But I've been finding the same thing. BeWeather is currently free as a promo so I've been using it, but it is still very off for Lethbridge area.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Default Re: BeWeather is NOT accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamf View Post
    Hi I know this is an old thread, But I've been finding the same thing. BeWeather is currently free as a promo so I've been using it, but it is still very off for Lethbridge area.
    Have you tried changing weather stations within the app? I have found that some of the stations don't report as frequently as others.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts

That didn't help. And it's weather predictions are consistently 20 degrees colder than it should be.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Not only is it not accurate for me, most of the time it freezes, un installed it
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts

I switched to AccuWeather and so far it seems to be fine, but the UI isn't very touch friendly.