BeWeather Free stopped working. Error is:

Connection failed: Check your BeWeather Free transport settings and make sure you are connected to the internet.

I have cycled through the various connection options.....all fail.
    Uninstalled/reinstalled app.....no joy.
    Tried Help, but it says "Not found on this server."

Ideas?
    07-23-14 05:12 PM
    A few Mods who use BeWeather mentioned earlier today that it wasn't working, so it's not just you! Just a guess, but the Weather Underground it uses is probably down.

I'd check with the dev, Bellshare. Maybe they've already posted info on their Twitter account.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    07-23-14 06:23 PM
    Guess it's just another reason I need to fix my Z10, eh?
    07-23-14 07:01 PM
    I have the same problem - it shows "http response code:500"

I've rebooted, "update all locations" and anything else I could think of but still not working.

Any ideas on what the issue is? I miss getting the weather and only seeing that red umbrella on my phone.

Thanks
    07-23-14 07:27 PM
    My BeWeather Pro wasn't working last night but seems to working today although it's a bit laggy. Getting a spinning circle sometimes.
    07-23-14 07:31 PM
    I have the same problem hasn't been working on my torch all day same thing http response code: 500. Thankfully I have my z10 too where it is working just fine

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 07:35 PM
    Yes the issue is on BBOS not on OS10 versions. Truly odd

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 07:48 PM
    Yes the issue is on BBOS not on OS10 versions. Truly odd

Posted via CB10
    No I know some users on BB10 who had the issue this morning. Haven't asked them for an update.
    07-23-14 09:35 PM
    I ended up deleting the pro version hoping a reinstall would cure. Installed free version and this AM it works but informed pro no longer available for my device (9850)? Might recover it from backup on DM but very puzzled and frustrated

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 05:37 AM
    Been having issues since night of 22nd on the paid-for version on my 9930. What was strange was that Severe Weather Alerts, Radar, and Forecast were working, but the "update" kept returning at 500 error and the Current Conditions were current.

After doing an unrelated reboot last night, I now have nothing.

- Scott
    07-24-14 10:24 AM
    I ended up deleting the pro version hoping a reinstall would cure. Installed free version and this AM it works but informed pro no longer available for my device (9850)? Might recover it from backup on DM but very puzzled and frustrated Posted via CB10
    That's a bit odd.. the 9850 still shows as one of the available devices via the AppWorld website.

Well either way, mine isnt working as well. Yesterday I was getting the "http response code:500" error, and now if I select the Update or Update All option, it goes thru the motions of updating, but there is no data that it displays. It also indicates in one spot that it was updated "Now" but in another spot it shows "Observed 390616 hours ago".

wunderground seems to load up fine now... so no idea.
    07-24-14 11:24 AM
    That's a bit odd.. the 9850 still shows as one of the available devices via the AppWorld website.

Well either way, mine isnt working as well. Yesterday I was getting the "http response code:500" error, and now if I select the Update or Update All option, it goes thru the motions of updating, but there is no data that it displays. It also indicates in one spot that it was updated "Now" but in another spot it shows "Observed 390616 hours ago".

wunderground seems to load up fine now... so no idea.
    Getting the same thing (no more 500 error), but my Observed is 7:00pm.

- Scott
    07-24-14 11:33 AM
    Hi I was getting the 500 error then the update and Observed 390616 hours ago message.
    I removed all locations and added them back in again and it seems to have fixed the issue now

Hope this helps someone

Judy

I had raised a ticket on Bellshare a couple of days ago but never heard from them
    07-24-14 04:26 PM
    Hi I was getting the 500 error then the update and Observed 390616 hours ago message.
    I removed all locations and added them back in again and it seems to have fixed the issue now

Hope this helps someone

Judy

I had raised a ticket on Bellshare a couple of days ago but never heard from them
    Thanks Judy!!

(incidentally, I sent in a ticket as well around two days ago... didnt hear back either)
    07-24-14 04:47 PM
    Many thanks Judy! That definitely fixes it!
    07-24-14 06:05 PM
    CrackBerry saves the day once again. The wife was having an issue with her weather. Now delete and restore and all is well.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    07-24-14 06:25 PM

Hope this helps someone

Judy

Many thanks it worked for me.
    07-24-14 09:24 PM
    Well my impatience cost me $5 is all. Ended up deleting old install, installing free version then upgrading and it works again.
    By the by I actually prefer the BBOS version to the OS10 for look and feel fwiw

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 05:33 AM

Hope this helps someone

Judy

YOU ROCK!!

- Scott
    dcroissant likes this.
    07-25-14 07:07 AM
    I'm noticing that a some stuff is now formatted different (entering a zipcode for a location now shows the zipcode and city for the name as opposed to showing just the city, and Today & Tomorrow show the day in parenthesis).

- Scott
    07-25-14 07:10 AM
    Same with the reinstall/repurchase I referenced above. Odd. Usually they push updates in the normal fashion

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 08:34 AM
    Well - looks like I got the answer correct!
    Bellshare have just responded to the ticket I raised

There have been some internal changes on our servers that might have lead to your BeWeather being out of sync with the server.

Please try to remove all locations you have configured in BeWeather. Then re-add these locations back.

Kind regards,
    Henrik - Bellshare Support-Team
    bigdogweigand likes this.
    07-25-14 02:25 PM
    NOW they tell us. A simple shout out via CB might have helped

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 02:39 PM
    Well - looks like I got the answer correct!
    Bellshare have just responded to the ticket I raised

There have been some internal changes on our servers that might have lead to your BeWeather being out of sync with the server.

Please try to remove all locations you have configured in BeWeather. Then re-add these locations back.

Kind regards,
    Henrik - Bellshare Support-Team
    Wow, they NEVER respond to tickets unless it is license activation or related question. So, they have my PIN from when I registered, and they have my email, but they can't reach-out to people who paid for their product to announce this. Go Quality Service!

- Scott
    07-25-14 02:40 PM
    Phew - working now! As stated, once you remove locations and input cities, it works.

Thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-25-14 08:05 PM
28 12