I just installed BeWeather Free. I'm having trouble getting the icon on my homescreen. The OS version on my phone is v4.6.1.231(Platform 4.2.0.108). I did a battery pull after the install also. Can anyone help me figure out the homescreen icon?
    02-06-10 11:39 AM
    Did you check in the Downloads folder? :P
    02-06-10 11:49 AM
    I just installed BeWeather Free. I'm having trouble getting the icon on my homescreen. The OS version on my phone is v4.6.1.231(Platform 4.2.0.108). I did a battery pull after the install also. Can anyone help me figure out the homescreen icon?
    Go to the widget that you would like to display on the home screen. Hit the BB menu key and select "Set as Home". This will put your selected weather widget information on your home screen.

Also, you have to have a supported theme with a weather slot to have it show, unless you place it as one of your homescreen icons.

Hope this helps.
    02-06-10 11:51 AM
    I'm not real sure if the theme I'm using has the weather slot. My phone only came with 2 themes. If I can't get it to work, I'll just uninstall it and call it a day.
    02-06-10 12:22 PM
    I'm not real sure if the theme I'm using has the weather slot. My phone only came with 2 themes. If I can't get it to work, I'll just uninstall it and call it a day.
    Ok... In this case, you just need to place the BW icon on your home screen then. Do you know how to move icons around? If not, just hit the menu key until all of your icons show on the screen, highlight the BW icon, hit the menu key again, select "move" from the menu, move the icon to one of the 6 spaces at the top row, and click it into place. You should now have the icon show on your home screen.

Then make sure you follow the instructions to "set as Home".

You should be good to go.
    02-06-10 12:44 PM
    I must be doing something wrong. It won't let me just move the BeWeather icon out of a folder and put it in the top row. I can move it to another folder but not just move the icon.
    02-06-10 12:52 PM
    I must be doing something wrong. It won't let me just move the BeWeather icon out of a folder and put it in the top row. I can move it to another folder but not just move the icon.
    Is the icon in your downloads folder? If so, hit the menu key, select "Move to folder", then select "Home". The "Home" folder should be at the top of the list. Then try to move it around to the top row.
    02-06-10 12:58 PM
    To move an icon within a folder click the icon, push the BB button, select move. The cursor should move the icon in accordance with your directions. Enter to leave in the new spot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 12:58 PM
    Yep, it was in my downloads. Once I moved it to folder then home and then moved up to my top row it worked. Thank you guys very much. You guys are great!
    02-06-10 01:02 PM
    Yep, it was in my downloads. Once I moved it to folder then home and then moved up to my top row it worked. Thank you guys very much. You guys are great!
    No problem... Enjoy your app!
    02-06-10 01:04 PM
    Anybody have a link for this? I can't use appworld.
    02-06-10 01:12 PM
    Anybody have a link for this? I can't use appworld.
    Check it out here...

Bellshare - BerryWeather

EDIT: Better to go here... I know you say you can't use app world, but you could always delete it after the download.

BlackBerry App World - BeWeather Free
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 02-06-10 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Added AW url
    02-06-10 01:16 PM
    Hi BadBrad,

I'm looking for a link to the free version. I already trialed the beta and it expired.

I'm not sure what you meant about the app world link, they don't let me download from there, even free stuff is locked.
    02-06-10 01:42 PM
    Hi BadBrad,

I'm looking for a link to the free version. I already trialed the beta and it expired.

I'm not sure what you meant about the app world link, they don't let me download from there, even free stuff is locked.
    I understand that you want the free version, which is why I provided the Appworld link instead. Appworld is where you get the free version from.

I am not sure why you are locked out from a free download, but that is something that you may have to work out with Appworld. As you can see other users have no problems doing so. I wish I could do more for you.

EDIT: I see that you are in Asia, is Appworld even available in your country?
    02-06-10 01:49 PM
    No, app world is not even available in my country. That is why I asked if anybody had another link, and said "I can't use appworld"
    02-06-10 01:58 PM
    No, app world is not even available in my country. That is why I asked if anybody had another link, and said "I can't use appworld"
    Ok. Well I wish I could could do more for you. Appworld is where the free version is available. Did you not like the app enough to purchase it? If not, there is not much more I can do. Hope it works out for you.
    02-06-10 02:06 PM
    Do you work for Bellshare?
    02-06-10 02:18 PM
    Do you work for Bellshare?
    No. But, I am an "ELITE" tester for all of their products. Have been with them and all their products from the beginning. Great code writers.
    02-06-10 02:22 PM
    That's cool. If they could only get their customer service to answer emails and forum posts they might be a successful company some day.
    02-06-10 02:25 PM
    That's cool. If they could only get their customer service to answer emails and forum posts they might be a successful company some day.
    I can't comment on their business model regarding those issues you mention. But I can confirm that they are a sucessful company with the MOST popular weather application available for the BlackBerry platform.

Have you thought about purchasing the new full version? I would like you to be satisfied with the application of your choosing.
    02-06-10 02:31 PM
    Well I looked at it and it has a few problems, probably because of my area. Some of the screens showed up with empty fields, it didn't look very good. I would rather have seen a message popup saying "Sorry, no data for your area" instead of a skeleton panel with empty fields. Because of that I couldn't tell whether it was a bug or a connection error or what.

But the main point is when there's a free version and a paid version, I like to try both versions to see which one I like. For example I tried BerryBuzz free (I was able to find a download on the net) and it's pretty good. Then I tried the paid version and it had more features I wanted. So I bought the paid version. I just don't think it makes much sense to have two versions available and just have to buy the paid version without even seeing if the free one is enough. And like I said they don't answer emails or forums posts so it's not a company I feel good about.

In contrast, I have communicated with 4 other developers of popular products for Symbian and BlackBerry. They have all been very communicative and helpful. That's a stark contrast to what I found with Bellshare. Unfortunately from reading other people's comments here my experience is typical. Bellshare customer service needs a lot of work.
    02-07-10 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD