Can someone tell me if BeWeather maps work in their .1015 Storm 2? I paid for the app specifically to get animated weather maps and all I ever get is a blank gray screen. Just great.
    12-12-10 05:17 PM
    Hi Sandman. I don't have BeWeather on my 8330, and I don't want to sound like a broken record-lol, but after you installed the app & it didn't 'work', have you tried a battery pull? It might be worth a shot to try and see if that clears out whatever was holding it back.
    Also, have you checked your gps settings?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 12-12-10 at 05:26 PM.
    12-12-10 05:24 PM
    Can someone tell me if BeWeather maps work in their .1015 Storm 2? I paid for the app specifically to get animated weather maps and all I ever get is a blank gray screen. Just great.
    I am still on .713 and getting a gray screen today as well......

12-12-10 05:25 PM
    It don't work on my 9550 with 1015 on it.. I get the same screens as you. Shocking Something else that don't work on my storm2... The reason not to get another BB keep adding up.
    12-12-10 05:25 PM
    Yeah, tried the battery pull and selecting multiple locations all around the US. Another $10 wasted on a broken app. Every day I'm more convinced that I'm moving away from the BB platform. I want something that actually works....
    12-12-10 05:27 PM
    I am still on .713 and getting a gray screen today as well......

Hmmm maybe there's something go one with the BeWeather program or service itself if it is also not working on 713
    12-12-10 05:28 PM
    My BeWeather hasn't worked for a couple of days.
    12-12-10 05:35 PM
    Yeah, tried the battery pull and selecting multiple locations all around the US. Another $10 wasted on a broken app. Every day I'm more convinced that I'm moving away from the BB platform. I want something that actually works....
    I'm sorry to hear your having issues. From the other posts, it seems that *maybe* BeWeather is just having issues (crossing fingers for you) and it will be resolved soon.
    As for the 713 & 1015 OS, I've read up about them because my daughters S2 is at 607. I WAS going to upgrade to 713 or 1015, but with the issues I see, I'll leave her berry at 607 She's not complaining about how it runs, so I'm in no rush to upgrade the OS.

12-12-10 05:40 PM
    It's not just the Storm 2 or .1015... I have used Berryweather for some time...currently on my Bold 9650 with 6.0.0.333. The built-in radar map has not been working recently, but the 2 custom ones I have are working just fine. Adding custom maps is quite easy and I think I learned how to do them somewhere here.
    12-12-10 06:14 PM
    I tried adding the Accuweather radar to BeWeather and all I get is the same blank gray screen. Is there a way to get my money back for this broken app?
    12-12-10 06:31 PM
    Bellshare has a web site with a support forum. Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps.
    There was a problem like this in September when they said the US Weather Service servers were overloaded and their servers (the built-in maps are fed from Bellshare's servers) were timing out. With the weather in the midwest as it is right now - not good... this could be the same problem. There is a entry about this problem today. Wouldn't expect a reply for a while though since they are in Germany and they are 5-6 ahead of eastern time.
    I use 2 feeds from Weather Underground (wundergound.com). One local and one regional and they are working fine. Good luck. This is a great app.
    Sandman333 likes this.
    12-12-10 06:59 PM
    Bellshare has a web site with a support forum. Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps.
    There was a problem like this in September when they said the US Weather Service servers were overloaded and their servers (the built-in maps are fed from Bellshare's servers) were timing out. With the weather in the midwest as it is right now - not good... this could be the same problem. There is a entry about this problem today. Wouldn't expect a reply for a while though since they are in Germany and they are 5-6 ahead of eastern time.
    I use 2 feeds from Weather Underground (wundergound.com). One local and one regional and they are working fine. Good luck. This is a great app.
    I followed your link and added a very nice custom animated weather map based on the instructions here: www.bellshare.com • View topic - GPS Tracker Custom Radar/Cams links & How to add them

It loads quickly and has nice detail. Thanks again!
    12-12-10 07:58 PM
    yeah it seems to be berryweather again. we went through this not too long ago
    12-13-10 05:30 AM
    talked to bellshare dev last night about this issue and he says that the issue is with the NWS where they get the radar from. most custom radar maps still work but the default will be down until NWS fixes their issue.
    12-13-10 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD