For the past week or so I've been trying to configure the BeWeather app. I've tried numerous times and downloaded the most updated free version of the app. The problem is I go to preferences and set the update time to "every hour" but it never automatically updates the forecast. Does anyone know how I can sort it out? Do I need to buy the full version ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 12:22 PM
    For the past week or so I've been trying to configure the BeWeather app. I've tried numerous times and downloaded the most updated free version of the app. The problem is I go to preferences and set the update time to "every hour" but it never automatically updates the forecast. Does anyone know how I can sort it out? Do I need to buy the full version ?

What OS are you on? Are you using a custom theme with smaller icons because there is a known issue with weather apps and other 3rd party apps not updating with resized icons on the homescreen. I had this issue with the Section 8 theme for example but after updating to a newer OS the apps update properly. I don't know if this has anything to do with what you are experiencing. I am sure you have probably also tried a battery pull after install too.

03-10-10 12:45 PM
    make sure you use the correct connection setting. there are a couple one is TCP/IP. I had issues with that one on ATT. I ended up using BIS-B I think
    03-10-10 12:53 PM
    .321 is my OS and the current theme I am using is a theme called BlackCorpo that I found on here.

03-10-10 01:34 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem, it always worked regardless of which theme I was using. I updated to the latest version they pushed and now it doesn't work at all (except manual updates obviously). Hope somebody's got some info.

03-10-10 03:14 PM
    The update issue is known. Its in the notes for the app in App World. They say they are working on it.

It was working for me when I upgraded to 536 but it is no longer updating today.

03-10-10 03:47 PM
    yea i started a thread about this. sucks balls man..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...issues-430078/
    03-10-10 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD