I managed to get Shazam encore out of it when i scrolled down. But when i hit the link button to display all the free apps. Its opens up apps world and says "there are no items available to display: 0

But i have to admit it is a great find if u can get it to work. Because i never got ANY of the free apps when they were offering them cause i had an OLD Storm and just couldnt get new stuff on it it would crash. So when i upgraded my cell in January all the free complimentary apps were done at the end of Dec 31 i thought.

If only i can find a way to get this weather app too ill be a Happy camper tonight!

Cheers

Which device or OS are you using?

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    03-19-12 08:13 PM
    Yeah we are talking about diff apps. If you follow the link I gave you on your berry, it leads to a story by mod Jared. Halfway down is a link to the apps in aPp world. I just followed it. They are there. The link works. You are doing something wrong. Unless you. are outside the US. Links are for usa customers only

Sent from my BB Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-19-12 08:17 PM
    IM on OS7. So Apparently after reading some of the comments. It wont work for us Canadians!! Thats right iRIM is a canadian company, their offices are about 1 hour drive from me from Toronto. But ohhhh No dont let the Canadians get in on this action! WTF!!! Really RIM but really???
    03-19-12 08:20 PM
    IM on OS7. So Apparently after reading some of the comments. It wont work for us Canadians!! Thats right iRIM is a canadian company, their offices are about 1 hour drive from me from Toronto. But ohhhh No dont let the Canadians get in on this action! WTF!!! Really RIM but really???

That was my next question... Where are you? (I can't see user info on Tapatalk).

Yep... Very surprising RIM did that. But I'm sure they'll make up for it somehow. There must be something going on here in the US that would make RIM do this.

03-19-12 08:32 PM
    So that is the problem...you are not in the US.
    So sorry. I knew the links worked but there had to be a reason why you weren't seeing them. That doesn't make any sense why RIM wouldn't make the freebies available to you in Canada.
    007Storm likes this.
    03-20-12 06:58 AM
    One conjecture is that this promotion is in response to the 4Q11 U.S. smartphone statistics which show Blackberry with a 6.5% market share, down from around 24% the year before.
    03-20-12 12:17 PM
    BeWeather compliments of RIM from Appworld has been updated to 2.6.17 just downloaded so hopefully the auto updates work.

I updated yesterday, worked fine until this morning, and then no update. Seemed to stop updating after I opened the program this morning, which might have been just a coincidence.

Great application, if it worked all the time
    03-20-12 01:08 PM
    I received this tweet from Bellshare about the app.
    I had asked them if they were able to fix the memory leak the app has.

"we have not received any reports of memory leak caused by beweather from any of our testers or community."

I gave them the link here is see that it actually does have a memory leak issue and that it happens to more than just me. I hope they will fix it since overall it is a very good weather app.
    Last edited by jordan559; 03-20-12 at 01:35 PM.
    03-20-12 01:12 PM
    Anyone in Canada able to get this app for free. Figure out any tricks or for that matter get any other freebies compliments off!!

Cheers
    03-20-12 01:39 PM
    I updated yesterday, worked fine until this morning, and then no update. Seemed to stop updating after I opened the program this morning, which might have been just a coincidence.

Great application, if it worked all the time
    I had to verify a security setting this afternoon, and since then, updating fine.

Fingerscrossed that it continues!
    03-20-12 07:21 PM
    I received this tweet from Bellshare about the app.
    I had asked them if they were able to fix the memory leak the app has.

"we have not received any reports of memory leak caused by beweather from any of our testers or community."

I gave them the link here is see that it actually does have a memory leak issue and that it happens to more than just me. I hope they will fix it since overall it is a very good weather app.

How are you determining that it is causing a memory leak?

03-20-12 07:41 PM
    Well I have about 210mb of app memory. When I hve the app installed and check back at my app memory a hour or so later the app memory will be down to @ 195 or so. If I delete the app and check back a few hours later my app memory stays @ 210mb. I have installed the app a few times just to make sure its not a bad install and each time I do my app memory drops a lot. Each time I delete the app my app memory stays the same.
    03-20-12 09:02 PM
    Check your usage through application management....

You can't base on your overall memory left.

03-20-12 09:12 PM
    That's ok. I just deleted it and have no problems with any memory disappearing. Thanks for ur suggestions though.
    03-20-12 09:33 PM
    Yes, I have a huge memory leak too. I just got the app a few days ago and thought it was fine. Then I upgraded to OS 7.1, and have a huge leak. I assume it is BeWeather given the posts here and no one else complaining of App leaks using OS 7.1. I guess I will try and delete it. Annoying....

What weather apps do you suggest instead? Actually, I found BeWeather to be inaccurate, reporting temps markedly different from NOAA and since there are 5-10 degree differences, I sort of believe NOAA.
    04-09-12 02:27 PM
    Actually, I found BeWeather to be inaccurate, reporting temps markedly different from NOAA and since there are 5-10 degree differences, I sort of believe NOAA.
    Well, BeWeather uses Weather Underground as it's weather service provider. Any weather differences are going to be due to the source differences. In addition, with BW, you have the choice of weather stations -- not just the one at the airport (just saying as an example). While actual weather accuracy is dependent on the station (sure, the government based one at the airport is probably more accurate than the one that the neighbor down the road runs), one might also argue that the weather reported by the neighbor down the road is more accurate because it's closer to you than the airport that is 20 miles away on the outskirts of town, resulting in several degrees difference and different weather conditions. Home/hobby weather stations are much more accurate and automated these days than in the past, too. No longer is the weather skewed because Junior forgot to record the temperature when he came home for lunch, or someone forgot to empty the rain bucket used to measure rainfall.
    04-09-12 04:42 PM
    I see you also have a Torch. Are you having the massive memory leak with BeWeather? I use MeterBerry which shows memory loss and it is a dramatic change from before using it, and I am now on OS 7.1.
    04-09-12 05:37 PM
    Using beweather on my 9900 and no memory leak what so ever! Love the app!
    04-09-12 07:21 PM
    Loving the app and the cute icons. I have no problem with this!
    04-09-12 11:35 PM
    Hello, on my home screen next to the temperature icon there is a 0 instead of the current temperature. Has anyone experienced this? Thank you
    04-21-12 06:39 PM
    I see you also have a Torch. Are you having the massive memory leak with BeWeather? I use MeterBerry which shows memory loss and it is a dramatic change from before using it, and I am now on OS 7.1.
    Using BerryWeather on both 7.0 and all the 7.1 OS to date no memory leak has been seen on my 9810. There must be something in the combinations some people use. My phone runs more than 20 apps daily and memory holds steady day by day. BW updates every 2 hours for several locations.
    04-21-12 08:14 PM
    my prob might be a bug when its 100 degrees. it was 101 all day and now that its 97 out the numbers are back
    04-21-12 08:33 PM
    Well I downgraded to 7.0 and the memory leak stopped (back to the typical smaller leak) and Be Weather works great.
    04-21-12 08:37 PM
    After the upgrade to 7.1, I had to reinstall "BeWeather - Compliments of Blackberry" and it no longer works without registering or buying. I don't recall registering the app when it became free temporarily and searching through my old emails comes up with no emails from Bellshare. I've seen other posts reporting this problem but no posts with any resolutions. Most recent search turned up some tweets saying with or without a registration code, the Compliments version still doesn't work. Has the situation changed? Solutions?

Thanks!
    09-21-12 01:54 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Funny thing for me is I made snapshots of each of my license keys for bellshare on all 4 of my apps and the weather one is the only one telling me it is not valid.
    Last edited by blueyestm; 09-21-12 at 09:08 PM.
    09-21-12 02:21 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD