Hi guys , i was wondering if there isnt a better facebook app than the existing free one on app store.?

Thanks
    02-21-10 12:28 PM
    nopz thats the only one
    02-21-10 12:30 PM
    If it exist I would already have it...
    02-21-10 12:32 PM
    Socialscope has pretty good facebook integration.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 12:44 PM
    m.facebook.com is your friend if you don't like the facebook app.

@nm1k0: if it ever gets released
    02-21-10 12:55 PM
    Thanks for help, cheers.................
    02-22-10 02:53 AM
    m.facebook.com is your friend if you don't like the facebook app.

@nm1k0: if it ever gets released
    Another option is x.facebook.com

Not too sure if it's better but definately another alternative!
    02-22-10 03:13 AM
    and yet another option is to use the facebook link in the opera browser, it is a little faster than m.facebook.com and a little diffrent....... and much better than the app!

If I ever open the app its only to use it as a shortcut, while the app is open hit the menu ket scroll down to "go to mobile site" and it opens m.facebook.com without having to enter username and password.......
    02-22-10 07:47 AM
    Another option is x.facebook.com

Not too sure if it's better but definately another alternative!
    I think that's the Storm friendly site. I don't use javascript (slows down browsing too much) so that site doesn't work for me.
    02-22-10 08:33 AM
    Isn't there a Facebook Shortcut that we could use instead of the application? The application is junk. I would MUCH rather click a Facebook icon and have it open the mobile site. Anyone know of this?
    02-28-10 03:51 PM
    Snaptu has one too, although I've never used it.
    It's free and in app world or Snaptu - Mobile Facebook
    02-28-10 05:45 PM
    Isn't there a Facebook Shortcut that we could use instead of the application? The application is junk. I would MUCH rather click a Facebook icon and have it open the mobile site. Anyone know of this?
    Iconify Homepage - Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher

Iconify will make a shortcut icon out of any webpage, email or phone number. Matthias is an awesome developer and his apps and support are second to none. And I agree with you, the Facebook mobile page is much quicker and nicer than the crappy app. I use the app to receive notifications and update my status. For any real interaction with the site, I just go there in the browser. Far less of a headache.

Now that I think about it, tomorrow I'm going to make an iconify Facebook link, hide the facebook app entirely, and set it to interact with my messages app, so notifications show up in my messages folder. I'll give this a try for a while to see if I miss the real app at all.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 03-01-10 at 04:31 AM.
    03-01-10 04:25 AM
    That'll work! Thanks guys.
    03-03-10 08:20 PM
    I found something MUCH better than Iconify...

Blackberry Launchers � Master List

Pretty much any web link you could ever need for BB.
    03-05-10 05:19 PM
    I found something MUCH better than Iconify...

Blackberry Launchers � Master List

Pretty much any web link you could ever need for BB.
    Yeah, that list is pretty nice. I don't know if I'd say it's "MUCH better than" an app that lets you create your own using whatever you want as an icon, and lets you link to people as well, but some of those could indeed come in handy. Man, that list sure has grown since I last saw it. Another thing it's great for is seeing who has a good mobile site.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 03-07-10 at 08:36 AM.
    03-07-10 08:33 AM
    Iconify Homepage - Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher

Iconify will make a shortcut icon out of any webpage, email or phone number. Matthias is an awesome developer and his apps and support are second to none. And I agree with you, the Facebook mobile page is much quicker and nicer than the crappy app. I use the app to receive notifications and update my status. For any real interaction with the site, I just go there in the browser. Far less of a headache.

Now that I think about it, tomorrow I'm going to make an iconify Facebook link, hide the facebook app entirely, and set it to interact with my messages app, so notifications show up in my messages folder. I'll give this a try for a while to see if I miss the real app at all.
    You dont have to have any sort of Facebook app to have notifications sent to your phone...you can set your FB settings to send them to you via email or text from your FB account settings.

I get notifications sent to my BB email, and I dont have any FB app on my phone

Facebook page > account > settings > mobile

Then once you have that set up, go to FB > acocunt > settings > notifications and have it send whatever notifications you want to your phone via email or text.
    03-07-10 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD