Dear Blackberry users!

We are glad to announce beta-testing of IM+ v.9.0 with new Neighbors service and UI improvements.

Neighbors service allows to locate friends on the map, chat with local friends as well as initiate conversations with other people who are located nearby.

You may download beta version at our Web-site:
    IM+: Instant Messaging for BlackBerry :: BlackBerry :: Download
    or directly to your Blackberry at our WAP-site:
    IM+� : with Neighbors

We would appreciate your feedback. Please post here or submit us request from IM+ beta version.
    Most active beta testers will be awarded with licenses for IM+ or other SHAPE Services products by their choice.

Beta testing will last till June 1.
    05-11-11 07:56 AM
    Just downloaded from the WAP site onto my Sprint BlackBerry Bold 9650 running OS 6.0.0.524. As soon as the download completed, my BBerry immediately rebooted, and went into a reboot loop. I started it in "Safe Mode" and, when the reboot finished, received an "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error." At the same time, the spinning clock showed appeared and did not go away. I have tried rebooting several times, each time with the same result. Not sure whether there's a problem with the download or with my BBerry (though I've had no other problems until now), but my BBerry is currently inoperable. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    05-11-11 10:01 AM
    Pfff I installed this app and I stop to finish
    First I downloaded the app and installed it
    After the install it ask mi what account I like to use, msn, skype, google, facebook etc.
    After signing up my msn and skype account it brings mi to a neighbors screen that say loading and it to a long time and my bold 9000 was processing a very long time (5 min) circle clock after that I needed to sign up with a im+ neighbors account en it was to complicated,, not to sign in but to many steps to much time and lots data maybe to increase that step more simple I'm now going to test it.
    More to come

Enjoy DelftEo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    SHAPE likes this.
    05-11-11 10:18 AM
    I'm still stuck on the plus.im account registration when it send my email en password I get a white screen and after 3 min it ask mi my name age foto etc when I give my name and age it need my foto otherwise I come not throw
    So let see now what happen when I give a foto
    To give gender and age you bring mi to a new page that take to long make a selector on the same page more simple now to many white screens waiting to send the data and I'm on 3G
    You guys make it like I'm on a pc like the option interests it bring mi again to a other screen after a white screen and spinning clock and let mi give some interest it's to heavy this interface keep it more simple I fill it in with a phone not a pc.
    After complete all you ask it say registration complete after a lot of data send and a white screen. Then comes the spinning clock again for 3 min. And it brings mi in the main menu of IM+
    Pfff mission completed it took mi 20 min to do this.
    Conclusion interface to heavy use to much mem for that all those spinning clocks
    Going to test it now.
    Lather more

Enjoy DelftEo

SHAPE likes this.
    05-11-11 10:43 AM
    When I close Im+ and start it again my msn and skype is logging automatic the neighbors account stay off line when I click on it its connects but give first 2 min spinning clock and then its connected
    I had the 8.x version of Im+ and that works fine so nothing is wrong with my BB.
    I only test this version complete and write my results here

Enjoy DelftEo

SHAPE likes this.
    05-11-11 11:27 AM
    new surprise i leave my BB alone for a wile and when i looked at my screen it say:
    uncaught exception: application im_2_BES (307) is not responding process terminated
    uncaught exception: application tunelpro (237) is not responding process terminated
    i had to start the app again and it won't connected it, it stay in connecting mode but no connected
    must have install it again i think.
    After i will it say IM+ PRO error
    connection error: can't connect to the server and my internet works fine.
    push again connect but nothing so I'm going to install it again or batt pull

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 05-11-11 at 12:12 PM.
    SHAPE likes this.
    05-11-11 12:01 PM
    I installed and am using it with no problems at this point. Running a 9650 OS 6.0.0.415.
    SHAPE likes this.
    05-11-11 02:35 PM
    I installed and am using it with no problems at this point. Running a 9650 OS 6.0.0.415.
    Properly because you have 512mb internal
    The install interface eats memory and processing.
    I running it at bold 9000
    I'm testing it now

Enjoy DelftEo

SHAPE likes this.
    05-11-11 04:00 PM
    Mine seems to be OK, however I don't anticipate using the new location feature.
    SHAPE likes this.
    05-11-11 05:56 PM
    After a few hours testing is it running without any problems sometimes the spinning clock is what longer but it runs now without problems
    Let see what it brings tomorrow
    The most problems came with installing so let see

Enjoy DelftEo

SHAPE likes this.
    05-11-11 09:35 PM
    Maybe this is a stupid question, but my phone is downloading a version with BES in the file name - I'm on BIS. Is that something else?

Last edited by SCrid2000; 05-12-11 at 12:20 AM.
    SHAPE likes this.
    05-11-11 11:38 PM
    For what it's worth, found a mistake in the license agreement: "USER may not transfer his license to another party without the device once he has installed the Software on this device."
    Also, this bit should say may, not will "USER understands that staying online, sending and receiving messages will require payment to his telephone operator and he will incur usage charges (as determined by his carrier) for this data transfer." Gotta remember wifi
    I found this line to be confusing: "The DEVELOPER guarantees free updates within one version of the Software only."

When I tried to register for plus.I'm to test neighbors, my screen turned white. It eventually went to my contacts list, but I still wasn't registered with plus.im. I tried two more times after that, but the sign up button didn't work (with or without an email and a password). I'll report back if I can get it to work.

One other small thing - when neighbors is loading, the loading circles go from right to left - this is kinda nitpicky, but could you have it go left to right?

Update: I clicked on create account after entering an email and password and let it sit for 10 minutes or so and it loaded a licenseagreement. I'm having the same issue trying to accept that. Also, I know Shape is a legit company, but I would appreciate a little stronger indication that personal data isn't going to be sold to third parties. I don't like that you say it might be used for advertising either.

Last edited by SCrid2000; 05-12-11 at 12:32 AM.
    SHAPE likes this.
    05-12-11 12:11 AM
    Oh, @bcryberg - CrackBerry did a blog about safe mode the other day, I suggest you try that, and delete IM+ if it works. If safe mode doesn't work, PM me and I'll walk you through removing it with loader.exe.

05-12-11 12:15 AM
    Just downloaded from the WAP site onto my Sprint BlackBerry Bold 9650 running OS 6.0.0.524. As soon as the download completed, my BBerry immediately rebooted, and went into a reboot loop. I started it in "Safe Mode" and, when the reboot finished, received an "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error." At the same time, the spinning clock showed appeared and did not go away. I have tried rebooting several times, each time with the same result. Not sure whether there's a problem with the download or with my BBerry (though I've had no other problems until now), but my BBerry is currently inoperable. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Sorry for inconvenience.
    The issue is with Blackberry OS. We would recommend you to contact manufacturer.
    05-12-11 04:09 AM
    After signing up my msn and skype account it brings mi to a neighbors screen that say loading and it to a long time and my bold 9000 was processing a very long time (5 min) circle clock after that I needed to sign up with a im+ neighbors account en it was to complicated,, not to sign in but to many steps to much time and lots data maybe to increase that step more simple I'm now going to test it.
    More to come
    Thank you for feedback.
    Authorization process will be improved. We are aware that authorization in browser is really inconvenient at the moment.
    05-12-11 04:11 AM
    When I close Im+ and start it again my msn and skype is logging automatic the neighbors account stay off line when I click on it its connects but give first 2 min spinning clock and then its connected
    This is a known issue. It will be fixed soon.
    05-12-11 04:22 AM
    Maybe this is a stupid question, but my phone is downloading a version with BES in the file name - I'm on BIS. Is that something else?
    Don't mind, this doesn't matter.
    05-12-11 04:34 AM
    For what it's worth, found a mistake in the license agreement: "USER may not transfer his license to another party without the device once he has installed the Software on this device."
    Also, this bit should say may, not will "USER understands that staying online, sending and receiving messages will require payment to his telephone operator and he will incur usage charges (as determined by his carrier) for this data transfer." Gotta remember wifi
    I found this line to be confusing: "The DEVELOPER guarantees free updates within one version of the Software only."

When I tried to register for plus.I'm to test neighbors, my screen turned white. It eventually went to my contacts list, but I still wasn't registered with plus.im. I tried two more times after that, but the sign up button didn't work (with or without an email and a password). I'll report back if I can get it to work.

One other small thing - when neighbors is loading, the loading circles go from right to left - this is kinda nitpicky, but could you have it go left to right?

Update: I clicked on create account after entering an email and password and let it sit for 10 minutes or so and it loaded a licenseagreement. I'm having the same issue trying to accept that. Also, I know Shape is a legit company, but I would appreciate a little stronger indication that personal data isn't going to be sold to third parties. I don't like that you say it might be used for advertising either.
    Thank you for comments, we will take them into consideration.

Authorization process will be optimized soon.
    05-12-11 04:41 AM
    So I did manage to accept the license agreement, but I wasn't able to navigate to the menu item to designate gender, age, and interests. I imagine a touchscreen would be no issue, but it didn't work on my 9650. Without being able to respond to those menu items, I couldn't register.

SHAPE likes this.
    05-12-11 09:57 PM
    Have it now installed a few days but what is that neighbors because it only say " determining current location" nothing more happens ???
    If it use the gps why did it not ask for gps use permission ??

Enjoy DelftEo

SHAPE likes this.
    05-12-11 11:28 PM
    I had IM+ on symbian and it still looks unpolished on the BB. Maybe you need a new GUI guy. Just an opinion, IMs like the ones from RIM and Trillian are a treat to look at and use.

As for bugs, every time I write a long IM the text input box becomes flaky, like:

- Out of nowhere these white blocks start appearing (it's like when you select text but I was just typing). Because the text is also white I couldn't see what I was typing.

- The text box keeps shrinking and expanding, I had like 4-5 lines of text and it adjusted the height accordingly from a one line height but when if I went back to correct words it shrinks back to a one line height and then expands back. After a while parts of the message window doesn't redraw completely (like some ghosting effect). Also if I use the scroll pad to go up and down it goes all bonkers and I needed to use my QuickLaunch convenience key to make it appear correctly again.

But if i try to edit it in any way it acts up again.

- Not sure if this is a bug but it's hella annoying. So I wrote these long IMs and wanted to remove only one or two words and as I held the delete (<-) button for a second or so my entire message gets deleted...

Using 9700 latest OS.
    05-12-11 11:32 PM
    Have it now installed a few days but what is that neighbors because it only say " determining current location" nothing more happens ???
    If it use the gps why did it not ask for gps use permission ??
    Please make sure that you have enabled GPS in your Blackberry's Options / Advanced Options / Location Services.
    You may also select "Refresh GPS" here.
    05-13-11 07:00 AM
    - Out of nowhere these white blocks start appearing (it's like when you select text but I was just typing). Because the text is also white I couldn't see what I was typing.
    - The text box keeps shrinking and expanding, I had like 4-5 lines of text and it adjusted the height accordingly from a one line height but when if I went back to correct words it shrinks back to a one line height and then expands back. After a while parts of the message window doesn't redraw completely (like some ghosting effect). Also if I use the scroll pad to go up and down it goes all bonkers and I needed to use my QuickLaunch convenience key to make it appear correctly again.
    Would you please provide us a screenshot or photo illustrating this situation?

- Not sure if this is a bug but it's hella annoying. So I wrote these long IMs and wanted to remove only one or two words and as I held the delete (<-) button for a second or so my entire message gets deleted...
    You are right. We will fix this.
    05-13-11 07:14 AM
    Can't use QL to screen it, it will redraw the window correctly. Used laptop cam.

I have spell check as you type and predictive typing on if that matters, tried with them off and on. Same result.

Edit: Also it would be great if IM+ integrates with "Messages". I prefer to check there for every single new email/texts/IMs.
    Last edited by hahree; 05-14-11 at 02:59 AM.
    SHAPE likes this.
    05-14-11 02:37 AM
    IS there going to be a bug fix for being unable to register for Neighbors with a non-touch BB running OS6, or is this a bug only I'm running in to? I'd like to try Neighbors out...
    SHAPE likes this.
    05-14-11 09:36 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD