I think when "beep" is a stand alone app, it will be a competency against "whatsapp".
    Because a lot people have already msn and the other social media installed.
    Personal I like the app as it is, but against other social media app, "beep" is better as stand alone app.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
    12-11-11 02:29 AM
    Beep never registers - and ultimately stops on "SMS sending limit exceeded"
    Last edited by mas90guru; 12-11-11 at 06:08 AM.
    12-11-11 06:05 AM
    Beep never registers - and ultimately stops on "SMS sending limit exceeded"
    It might be the issue that multiple registration attempts have been made from your number.
    Could you please PM me your phone number, country and carrier?
    We will try to sort this out.
    12-12-11 04:02 AM
    It still makes my complete phone unusable after connecting to facebook. I guess 4500 contacts are too much. Why the connections is so sluggish.

On the good side I love the new ui and would like a beep massenger because I hate whatsapp on the bb..

Edit: Made my phone completely unusable uninstalling..
    Last edited by steiale; 12-12-11 at 04:51 AM.
    12-12-11 04:48 AM
    I'm not too keen on my ID being my phone number. Can't this be changed? What happens if I get a new number? Lose my ID?
    12-12-11 07:43 AM
    It still makes my complete phone unusable after connecting to facebook. I guess 4500 contacts are too much. Why the connections is so sluggish.

On the good side I love the new ui and would like a beep massenger because I hate whatsapp on the bb..

Edit: Made my phone completely unusable uninstalling..
    Thank you for your feedback!
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    We recommend to disable avatars and to display online contacts only in case your contact list is extensive.

Could you please let us know what exactly happened when you tried to uninstall IM+ with Beep? Was the uninstall successful?
    12-13-11 12:08 AM
    I'm not too keen on my ID being my phone number. Can't this be changed? What happens if I get a new number? Lose my ID?
    In case you get a new number you would just need to re-register Beep for it.
    Your contact list will not be lost, because it does not depend on your phone number.
    12-13-11 12:12 AM
    In case you get a new number you would just need to re-register Beep for it.
    Your contact list will not be lost, because it does not depend on your phone number.
    True, most of us do have our contact in sync with some service.

What about the number thou? I can easily give my "MSN" to people while I don't really let my number out in the wild so easily. Could we have something more along the lines or usernames?
    12-13-11 08:19 AM
    I am using IM+ Beta 10.0.0.15 on my 9780 v6.0.0.668 in a building in New York that has a very strong signal. All phone permissions are set to Allow. I did a few battery-pull resets after installing this app. I use only the Skype service, with about 60 contacts. Most of the time less than ten contacts are online.

Every two hours or so the app disconnects and there is the error message, "Connection to Skype (xx) failed. Reason: Server closed connection. Please try again to connect later." This problem has been with IM+ for years. I was trying the imo beta app and it remained connected all day.

Sometimes the cursor won't go to the dialog box when you want to type a message, until you type the first character. But the first character doesn't appear, so you have to go back and type the first character. IM+ had this problem for the last few months.

When you are typing a long message and it starts a new line you cannot scroll up to see the first line.

The signal and battery indicator at the top both show less than full even when they are both full on my home screen.

I miss the time-of-day clock at the top that other versions of IM+ had.

When you push Menu and scroll down, words in the menu have lines through them, making it hard to read. The lines go away when you scroll back up. IM+ had this problem for the last few months.

When typing a message the text is a very light grey and not easy to see. After sending, it becomes black.

In old versions I could remove unused services like SMS or Translate from the list of accounts, but now I cannot hide Beep, which I do not intend to use.

Thank you.
    Last edited by don.new; 12-14-11 at 07:54 AM.
    12-13-11 12:48 PM
    I can easily give my "MSN" to people while I don't really let my number out in the wild so easily. Could we have something more along the lines or usernames?
    Beep service is supposed to work as SMS substitute between you and your regular address book contacts.
    Actually you can chat via Beep only with those contacts who are in your address book already .
    Therefore it is assumed that you and your Beep contact know each others phone numbers.
    12-14-11 08:00 AM
    I am using IM+ Beta 10.0.0.15 on my 9780 v6.0.0.668 in a building in New York that has a very strong signal. All phone permissions are set to Allow. I did a few battery-pull resets after installing this app. I use only the Skype service, with about 60 contacts. Most of the time less than ten contacts are online.

Every two hours or so the app disconnects and there is the error message, "Connection to Skype (xx) failed. Reason: Server closed connection. Please try again to connect later." This problem has been with IM+ for years. I was trying the imo beta app and it remained connected all day.

Sometimes the cursor won't go to the dialog box when you want to type a message, until you type the first character. But the first character doesn't appear, so you have to go back and type the first character. IM+ had this problem for the last few months.

When you are typing a long message and it starts a new line you cannot scroll up to see the first line.

The signal and battery indicator at the top both show less than full even when they are both full on my home screen.

I miss the time-of-day clock at the top that other versions of IM+ had.

When you push Menu and scroll down, words in the menu have lines through them, making it hard to read. The lines go away when you scroll back up. IM+ had this problem for the last few months.

When typing a message the text is a very light grey and not easy to see. After sending, it becomes black.

In old versions I could remove unused services like SMS or Translate from the list of accounts, but now I cannot hide Beep, which I do not intend to use.

Thank you.
    Thank you for sharing your observations with us.

We have forwarded all of your bug reports and suggestions to our development team.
    Hopefully all the issues will be fixed soon.
    12-14-11 09:14 AM
    New IM+ Beta with Beep update is available!
    Please download the new version 10.0.0.25 at our Web-site:
    IM+: All-in-One Messenger :: Products
    or directly to your device at our WAP-site:
    IM+: All-in-One Messenger :: Products
    12-14-11 09:15 AM
    Downloading now, will leave feedback/review when finals are over this weekend.
    12-14-11 11:34 PM
    Downloading now, will leave feedback/review when finals are over this weekend.
    Thank you!
    Looking forward to your feedback!
    12-15-11 02:46 AM
    Things are better now, but it feels a little sluggish still.

Managed to remove a conversation on the 1st try (it was murder on the previous one).

Not sure I like how the menus work... Guess I'm too used to the usual contextual menus...

Is it me or Beep is always on (I can't seem to change status, not even with the Change Global Status)?

And I see myself on Skype and Beep hehe...
    Last edited by diegonei; 12-15-11 at 09:26 AM.
    12-15-11 09:16 AM
    Still disconnecting from Skype a lot, and messages to me are not pushed to email when it is disconnected, they are pushed only when the app itself becomes disconnected.

Still cannot scroll up to see previous lines when typing multi-line messages.

The icons for Contacts and Chats are confusing, you cannot easily tell when they are highlighted, and you have to remember what they mean. For me not so intuitive.

Many times I miss incoming messages, maybe there could be an option to keep the light flashing a long time, or until you click on the message, etc.

Thanks.
    Last edited by don.new; 12-15-11 at 11:32 PM.
    12-15-11 01:39 PM
    Not sure I like how the menus work... Guess I'm too used to the usual contextual menus...

Is it me or Beep is always on (I can't seem to change status, not even with the Change Global Status)?

And I see myself on Skype and Beep hehe...
    Thank you!

Could you please let us know what you would like to be improved in menus?

Beep is actually always on by design, because it is supposed to be a substitute of SMS service.
    Therefore global status change does not influence Beep.

You can see yourself in Beep contact list in case your number is in your address book.
    But you should not see yourself in Skype contact list. In case this issue persists, please send us a support request from IM+ and specify your Skype name, so that we could look into this situation.
    12-16-11 02:43 AM
    Still disconnecting from Skype a lot, and messages to me are not pushed to email when it is disconnected, they are pushed only when the app itself becomes disconnected.

Still cannot scroll up to see previous lines when typing multi-line messages.

The icons for Contacts and Chats are confusing, you cannot easily tell when they are highlighted, and you have to remember what they mean. For me not so intuitive.

Many times I miss incoming messages, maybe there could be an option to keep the light flashing a long time, or until you click on the message, etc.

Thanks.
    Thank you!

Messages are pushed to e-mail when you select this option while closing the application. Could you please specify what you expect to get as a result and what you actually get as a result?

Our development team is working on the scroll issue now.

We have forwarded your suggestions about icons and flashing lights to our development team for consideration.
    12-16-11 02:46 AM
    I was hoping that when I get the error message, "Connection to Skype (xx) failed. Reason: Server closed connection. Please try again to connect later," I would still get messages pushed to email, because I get this message several times per day and I don't know that I am disconnected until I look at the app.

There should be an option to disable the Beep advertisement that I see every time I start the app.

Thank you.
    12-16-11 08:38 AM
    I was hoping that when I get the error message, "Connection to Skype (xx) failed. Reason: Server closed connection. Please try again to connect later," I would still get messages pushed to email, because I get this message several times per day and I don't know that I am disconnected until I look at the app.

There should be an option to disable the Beep advertisement that I see every time I start the app.

Thank you.
    Thank you for your feedback!
    We have forwarded these suggestions to our development team.
    12-19-11 06:58 AM
    IM+ with Beep beta-testing is finished now.
    Thanks to all of you for taking part in it!

Your suggestions and bug reports helped us to improve this version a lot!

The final IM+ with Beep version will be released today.

The following most active beta-testers will be awarded with the license codes:
    mtint
    delfteo
    diegonei
    don.new
    12-19-11 07:01 AM
    Thank you!

Could you please let us know what you would like to be improved in menus?

Beep is actually always on by design, because it is supposed to be a substitute of SMS service.
    Therefore global status change does not influence Beep.

You can see yourself in Beep contact list in case your number is in your address book.
    But you should not see yourself in Skype contact list. In case this issue persists, please send us a support request from IM+ and specify your Skype name, so that we could look into this situation.
    Oh, I don't wanna hold innovation back... I just had a hard time adjusting to how the menus work (very familiar wirth the > method).

Skype name is the same as forum name. I like to have a single identity. Helps with branding. ^^
    12-19-11 08:36 AM
    Is there a way to hide Beep? With other services, you can edit/delete/etc., but Beep does not have those options. In previous versions of IM+, you could, from the Options or Settings menus, hide the SMS+ (don't remember the exact name) so that it wouldn't show as a service.

I only use IM+ for one service, and so having Beep show as an additional service means I see one less contact in the service of my choice.

Thanks,
    12-19-11 11:29 AM
    I just downloaded IM+ and it was fine until after I got it set up. After that, whenever I open the application it just stays on the opening screen and stays there without going into the actual app.
    12-19-11 04:12 PM
    I have been using IM+ on several BlackBerries for years to text-chat on Skype and it never stays connected to Skype longer than an hour or two. Imo has a new app and it has far fewer features but it stays connected all day, so I am using Imo now.
    12-20-11 12:17 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD