I am getting the tour and dont have a BB now.....SO I need all of your expertise.

I am looking for a good program or programs that will do weather on my BB. If you can maybe tell me why you like the program that you pick.

Thanks!!!!
    07-03-09 12:40 PM
    I have Weathereye and it works great for me. Its just a simple weather program that lets you check current, short term, and long term forecasts in whatever area you choose. It also has a nice homescreen icon that changes with the current weather. Its a free app too which is a plus.

EDIT: as the post below will show you, a simple forum search is your best tool to begin with

Welcome to the Addiction by the way !
    Last edited by spidermonkey242; 07-03-09 at 12:52 PM. Reason: new info
    07-03-09 12:48 PM
    chrisy! Didn't know you were a mod now! Congrats!
    07-18-09 01:26 PM
    BerryWeather hands down... send the $9 bucks or whatever and forget about it... you wont be disappointed at all...
    07-18-09 02:52 PM
    Another vote for WeatherEye.
    07-18-09 03:19 PM
    BB Weather all the way...
    07-18-09 03:23 PM
    I'm currently using SimpleWeather.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 03:30 PM
    BerryWeather is the best, without a doubt. I'm not sure it beats the free apps by enough to justify the $10 price, however.
    07-18-09 03:42 PM
    Another vote for BerryWeather. ;-)

07-19-09 06:36 AM
    I use weatherbug.

07-19-09 06:39 AM
    I tried a few and settled on beweather. I like the graphics, and it works and the hourly forecast I found to be very useful and accurate

07-19-09 07:00 AM
    Not compatible with the tour
    BerryWeather works perfectly with the tour..
    07-20-09 10:21 AM
    I love berryweather. Best 10$ I've ever spent on an app
    07-20-09 10:24 AM
    Really? It said I wasn't compatible. I saw that there is a beta version for the Tour and I'm looking for it in the Tour Forum but so far unable. Are you using the BETA?
    os 4.7 or higher download ota straight for bellshare site
    Last edited by jackie treehorn; 07-20-09 at 10:39 AM. Reason: link fixed
    07-20-09 10:30 AM
    Really? It said I wasn't compatible. I saw that there is a beta version for the Tour and I'm looking for it in the Tour Forum but so far unable. Are you using the BETA?
    I'm using 1.5.35, I downloaded it from m.bellshare.com/berryweather/

Haven't noticed a beta version for the tour
    07-20-09 10:33 AM
    I use weather eye as well, and have no problems with it. Its a very simple but good weather app

I was looking at the other weather apps out there, and I looked at the weatherchannel BB app, it cost $9 every three months to use it, I can't believe that. I like free, free is good.
    But where I live you don't really need a weather app or anything, its just hot, and is hot for eight months a year lol

07-20-09 10:38 AM
    Thats BerryBuzz
    My fault got in a hurry. It takes you to berryweather now
    07-20-09 10:40 AM
    I spent the money on BerryWeather and I am very happy with it. Good luck making a choice on a weather app for your phone.
    07-20-09 10:42 AM
    Got it. Working perfect. Thanks all :-)
    no problem glad you got it running
    07-20-09 10:44 AM
    Which one of these apps has a devent radar. That's all I would really care for in a weather app.

07-20-09 08:32 PM
    I downloaded the trial for BerryWeather and I really like it alot, but I have a quick question for a couple of you who use it. I know that you've got to keep it running in the background to keep it updated, which isn't a problem, but I'm wondering how it does on battery life? does having it run all the time drain the battery much? Also, I read in one of the reviews that it uses a fair amount of memory, have any of you experienced this? I LOVE the app, and i think i'm going to drop the $10 to keep it, Just curious on everyone else's experiences with it.
    07-21-09 07:40 AM
    I downloaded the trial for BerryWeather and I really like it alot, but I have a quick question for a couple of you who use it. I know that you've got to keep it running in the background to keep it updated, which isn't a problem, but I'm wondering how it does on battery life? does having it run all the time drain the battery much? Also, I read in one of the reviews that it uses a fair amount of memory, have any of you experienced this? I LOVE the app, and i think i'm going to drop the $10 to keep it, Just curious on everyone else's experiences with it.
    I haven't had any problems with battery or memory going away. The ability to set up a custom radar is the best feature and yes the app is well worth the 10 bucks.
    07-21-09 07:43 AM
    Here's one I haven't seen mentioned...IWS from NWS (Sorry I can't post the link yet, but google search INWS, and it's the first link) It's straight from the National Weather Service. It's got a...different interface, but it has some really cool features, including the ability to set up "warning" areas, and get SMS or emails sent to you whenever bad weather is coming.

[Edit...I guess I could have searched before I posted...inws has been mentioned numerous times]
    Last edited by x96malicki; 07-21-09 at 07:53 AM.
    07-21-09 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD