What's the best weather app that will send a severe weather alert/notification to the front screen on style? Just realized how much I liked that on my phone pre BB. Just had a scary little storm creep up on us.
    03-23-11 05:54 PM
    I don't know of any that have it on the outside screen but BeWeather (BerryWeather) has a little temp icon on the outside screen & I set BeBuzz (BerryBuzz) to have a "disco" LED for weather alerts. Hope that helps.
    03-23-11 06:36 PM
    I really like BerryWeather (or "BeWeather", as it might be called now.) I have the paid version of the app, and it displays an icon on the inside screen of the Style, and the current temp on the outer Style screen. You can customize exactly what sorts of notifications/graphics you'd like to have displayed on the inside screen as well.
    03-23-11 06:38 PM
    Berry Weather (BeWeather) sends alerts to the front screen as well as the inner screen. I can't remember if this is paid-app only or not.

MyCast does not send alerts to your screen, but you can set it up to send you text messages about alerts, and those show on the front screen.
    03-23-11 08:11 PM
    ShowMe!Weather is free and has an icon for the outside screen.
    03-25-11 10:22 AM
    BerryWeather is the best, and it has many free customizable icons that can be downloaded for a change!
    03-25-11 10:28 AM
    I really like BerryWeather (or "BeWeather", as it might be called now.) I have the paid version of the app, and it displays an icon on the inside screen of the Style, and the current temp on the outer Style screen. You can customize exactly what sorts of notifications/graphics you'd like to have displayed on the inside screen as well.
    I am using the paid version of BerryWeather, but don't have the temp displayed on the outer screen. I can't find a setting that will allow this. Where is this setting? Thanks!!!
    03-25-11 11:43 AM
    Berryweather>Menu>Settings>Homescreen/Notification Icon>Show Temperature Icon in Notification Area gives the temperature icon. (Show Advisory Icon in Notification Area is what needs to be checked to show the advisory icon.)

For me, this shows the temperature (and/or advisory icon) on the inner and external screens.
    alofgren likes this.
    03-25-11 01:17 PM
    I have used the ShowMe! Weather (free) app for the last couple of years and have really liked it. Now for a couple of months it hasn't worked, queries to WiMEME have gone unanswered, and I guess I have to replace it. But the thing I liked so much about it seems to be unavailable with the other weather apps out there: it placed a tiny notification icon on the status bar (I think that's what it's called--right beside the voice mail indicator and the number of messages waiting) showing the current temp and a little sun, or cloud, or whatever to show the current conditions. I've browsed the other free (and paid) apps for one that might do this, but haven't found one. I liked knowing from a glance at the phone what was waiting for me outside, without having to touch anything.

Any ideas where I might find something similar?

I have tried BeWeather, but the free version does not seem to have this feature, and I don't want to pay $9.99 just to find out that it doesn't, either!

**My ID in the preview shows that I'm using a Torch 9800 on Rogers; in fact I have a Bold 9900 on Bell**
    09-05-12 01:00 PM
    BWeather is very popular here and I am not sure why...
    I have the free version which is alright. If you are running anything lower than OS 6.0, I would recommend Weatherbug: it is 10 times better than BWeather and is free ($10 for a weather app is beyond ridiculous....even the best Weather apps for iPad with retina resolution don;t cost that much!)
    Only downside to Weatherbug is that there is no OS7 support (or app for that matter) :'(
    09-05-12 04:56 PM
    My-Cast works great for notifications. Not only can you choose alerts for warnings and watches but advisories and lighting as well. The maps are top notch. The alerts will show in the notification bar and in messages. Their customer service is responsive to issues. The only issue I have is bebuzz doesn't work with it so I switched to advanced os and led and I can set led notifications. To be able to set the sound profile, my-cast has to be left open when you go into your sound profiles in order for it to show. My-cast is in app world.
    09-06-12 01:14 PM
    it placed a tiny notification icon on the status bar (I think that's what it's called--right beside the voice mail indicator and the number of messages waiting) showing the current temp and a little sun, or cloud, or whatever to show the current conditions. I've browsed the other free (and paid) apps for one that might do this, but haven't found one. I liked knowing from a glance at the phone what was waiting for me outside, without having to touch anything.

Any ideas where I might find something similar?
    XWeather does just that. There's a free version and a paid Pro version on App World. It's a great app, full of useful information, and I would definitely recommend it.
    09-06-12 03:28 PM
    Is there any way to get the Accuweather app on Blackberry Style 9670 flip phone? Have on my curve, but appworld says "not available for this device" on the Style my Dad has. Really like the radar map on Accuweather. Saw somewhere it could possibly be downloaded through Itunes on my computer, then could it be transferred to the Style with the itunes sync on Appworld?
    12-31-14 05:45 PM
    M$

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD