• WeatherBug

13 16.25%
  • AccuWeather

1 1.25%
  • Weather Eye

16 20.00%
  • E-Mobile Weather

1 1.25%
    For the newer guys who don't have weather apps, but are looking to get their hands on one. i put the poll in so that it's easier to see how many people are using what app.

NB. i PM to remove the old thread cause my PC bombed when i was saving.
    05-26-09 05:49 PM
    My vote went to Berry Weather
    05-26-09 05:57 PM
    Gotta say been using weatherbug, cause i'm not sure what apps work internationally.
    05-26-09 06:02 PM
    ive been using bbweather nice and free little app that does the job. I dont see why would anyone pay for a weather app and i found that weatherbug or weather eye (i forget which one) showed incorrect forecast. Im thinking it was weatherbug not weather eye but it was one of them.
    Last edited by rk1991; 05-26-09 at 06:16 PM.
    05-26-09 06:13 PM
    ive been using bbweather nice and free little app that does the job. I dont see why would anyone pay for a weather app and i found that weatherbug or weather eye (i forget which one) showed incorrect forecast.
    weaterbug has good for me. really accurate. goes well with my theme, having the icon top left.
    05-26-09 06:15 PM
    My vote went to Berry Weather
    Same here, sure it costs about $10 but it works and hasnt caused me any major issues with my Bold...all the other ones listed above gave me either severe memory leaks or stupidly inaccurate weather forecasts.
    05-26-09 06:18 PM
    I like WeatherEye. Aside from that I've only used BBWeather, which I didn't care for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 07:36 PM
    I use Berry weather. I personally think its the best one.
    05-26-09 08:43 PM
    even though this is a 3.99 /month app. my cast is my favorite.. has great graphics, radar, lightning tracker and a great interactive user participant weather observation aspect that makes this one my favorite.
    05-26-09 08:52 PM
    thanks for putting this poll together!
    05-26-09 09:02 PM
    Vote went to Berry Weather.
    05-26-09 09:07 PM
    thanks for putting this poll together!
    Pleasure. i was pointed in the wrong direction when choosing a weather app to go for. so this is for the guys who don't know bout which to choose.
    05-26-09 10:11 PM
    berryweather eats my memory =[
    05-26-09 10:22 PM
    I really like YWeather! It's easy and quick and does what its supposed to.
    05-27-09 12:58 AM
    Berryweather here.....others sucked too much memory
    05-27-09 03:54 AM
    I use Weatherbug now....Might switch to Weather Eye though.
    05-27-09 04:12 AM
    To anyone running WeatherEye... is there a single reason to chose it over BBWeather? To me they're almost the same program except WeatherEye has ads, doesn't offer coverage for many cities, and doesn't let you put more than one city in at a time. BBWeather offers the same features without the ads and works all over the world. It's extremely accurate too, thanks to the Weather Channel... just sayin'.

I've tried them all and currenty use BerryWeather because I love the interface and it's been very reliable for me where I live (especially the .49 beta)... but I voted for BBWeather in this poll because I think it's by far the best free choice and is less likely to rep well in this poll due to the enormous popularity of BerryWeather. I can't fault someone for chosing either of them as their top choice, but WeatherEye just seems like a less complete version of BBWeather to me.
    05-27-09 05:24 AM
    To anyone running WeatherEye... is there a single reason to chose it over BBWeather? To me they're almost the same program except WeatherEye has ads, doesn't offer coverage for many cities, and doesn't let you put more than one city in at a time. BBWeather offers the same features without the ads and works all over the world. It's extremely accurate too, thanks to the Weather Channel... just sayin'.

I've tried them all and currenty use BerryWeather because I love the interface and it's been very reliable for me where I live (especially the .49 beta)... but I voted for BBWeather in this poll because I think it's by far the best free choice and is less likely to rep well in this poll due to the enormous popularity of BerryWeather. I can't fault someone for chosing either of them as their top choice, but WeatherEye just seems like a less complete version of BBWeather to me.
    thanx digitalbOy. tried bbweather over weatherbug. it's pretty cool. my problem is that i live in SA and i need an international app. works really well so far.
    thanx for the info.
    05-27-09 12:22 PM
    BerryWeather for me.... Working fine on my Bold - no memory issues, doesn't eat up my battery, and forecasts appear to be well within reason (for me).
    05-27-09 12:52 PM
    My vote goes to Berry Weather. Coming from an iPhone I was disappointed with the others and most don't give many UK location options. Weathereye graphic topleft is nice though; pity it's not for a nearby location.
    05-29-09 08:42 AM
    I use weathereye. It's always accurate and I love the home screen icons. I honestly don't need in depth details via my BB unless I'm trying to decide whether to wash the car or not.
    And best of all it's free.
    05-29-09 09:24 AM
    Also I like Viigo to search weather when I plan to travel
    05-29-09 09:28 AM
    05-29-09 09:33 AM
    Berryweather got my vote, but only barely. It still has some improving to do with what's available (radar links would be nice), choices for displaying on the homescreen (temp and forecast temp would be nice), and I'm not too thrilled with the weather source's update frequency (random at times).

BBweather is my second choice. Free, simple, stable.

I kind of liked Weatherbug prior to their current iteration, but the latest one is too cumbersome to move around in for me, and it's slow. I do like the location feature (when it works) though. Nice addition.
    05-29-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD