Which weather app is the best to date? i'm looking for an app with no mem leak and low bat usage as oppose to capabilities/features. Thanks in advance.
    05-03-09 11:53 PM
    I like BBWeather.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 11:54 PM
    BerryWeather
    05-03-09 11:56 PM
    are bbweather and berryweather the same thing?
    05-03-09 11:57 PM
    what other weather apps are availible that ppl use?
    05-03-09 11:58 PM
    are bbweather and berryweather the same thing?
    Nope. I think BBWeather is a free app that leads to a link to a weather page and BerryWeather is the $10 app from the CB Appstore.

what other weather apps are availible that ppl use?
    I think there's WeatherBug and WeatherEye
    05-04-09 12:00 AM
    and accuweather but not working for me last time i tried.
    05-04-09 12:07 AM
    So far I have not noticed any memory leak from BBweather or battery drain. It is not the prettiest thing in the bunch but it works.
    05-04-09 12:20 AM
    I found BerryWeather to be worth the $10 I believe there is a trial available too. It gives you updates of the time of day and a 7-day forecast. It looks really nice too! No memory leak and no battery drain. Just make sure you decrease the refresh rates.
    05-04-09 12:24 AM
    1st choice is BerryWeather, worth the money in my opinion. 2nd choice is BBWeather. Great app, fast and light. Used weatherbug for a lonnnggggg time, but finally had to switch because of the memory leak.
    I read these threads about BerryWeather being a battery killer. Sure haven't noticed this at all. I update 3 locations, every 15 minutes and may battery life is as usual, lasts about 32 hours. Guess I have better coverage then some others.
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 05-05-09 at 08:00 AM.
    05-04-09 02:53 AM
    BerryWeather FTW!!! Well worth the $10.
    Used WeatherBug for a while... but after constant issues with memory leaks, I dropped it.
    05-04-09 03:06 AM
    BerryWeather is a battery killer and is not very accurate. I paid the 10 bucks and like many other people here on CB, regret it. Initially I loved the interface, but the information was wrong 90% of the time (and I don't live in the boonies, my area was set for NYC) and it drained my battery severely. I swapped batteries with my girlfriend, not realizing it was Berryweather killing it. After watching the battery die quickly again, I removed the app and the battery life returned to normal.
    As a work around, you could exit the program (don't let it run in the background) to avoid battery drain. But that defeats the purpose of the program. Also, if you set the intervals to update far apart, say 2 hours, it makes no difference. Bottom line:it runs in the background and unlike other apps that run in the background, this one kills you battery.
    05-04-09 05:54 AM
    I would try the free trial of BerryWeather and see what you think. That is the route I will go.
    05-04-09 08:32 AM
    I'm a fan of BBWeather. It works well, gives you current conditions, hourly forecasts, and an adjustable daily forecast.
    05-04-09 08:36 AM
    WeatherEye
    Better than all of them and its free.
    -No mem leaks
    -Current, short term, and long term weather forecasts.
    -Weather warnings
    -Standard weather icon (picture and the weather with temp and condition)
    -Direct link to the weather network site

And its the weather network common its the best
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 05-04-09 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Spelling
    05-04-09 08:38 AM
    I switched from using WeatherBug to BerryWeather (3 day free trial) and I haven't seen any difference in available app memory.

One thing I've noticed with BerryWeather that is not very impressive is that wherever it gets it's weather data from only seems to update their information every two hours.

I'll run the 3 day trial, but I don't see any big reason to pay for BerryWeather since WeatherBug seems to work fine (plus it has radar!). BerryWeather is visually very nice and that seems to be it's biggest advantage over ther other available apps. I'm just convinced there's this big memory leak in WeatherBug that everyone claims to see.
    05-04-09 08:50 AM
    I use WeatherBug and BerryWeather so obviously I'm not experiencing the memory leak problem (so far). I like WeatherBug's homescreen icon more, which is why I still have it. Berryweather for everything else (icon hiding). Once you open the apps BWeather can't be touch with the graphics but I was just noticing the other night that it might not be the most accurate and like Pmas, I wished I'd noticed that some locations update once every two hours prior to picking it up. I'm hoping that was just an off night glitch. If not I'm not going to be a happy camper ($10). I travel alot and I like that with WeatherBug's GPS function I can pull in the local weather with a touch as soon as I get off the plane, even if I don't know the zip code. And its weather base is updated regularly. I guess if I were you, I'd try them both and see for yourself. WeatherBug is free and BerryWeather has a trial period.
    05-04-09 10:02 AM
    Berryweather......not experiencing the battery drain that another user is. Memory is good too. Worth the $9 for me.
    05-04-09 10:29 AM
    BBWeather for the storm is the best that I have used in my opinion.

http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php...r_alpha&os=4.7
    05-04-09 10:41 AM
    The price is right for WeatherBug, and I have not seen ANY memory leaks...
    05-04-09 11:00 AM
    Tried Berry Weather and hated it.. no memory leak but even after refreshing it was three hours behind in it's "current conditions." The lack of a rader is also a negitive. The phones could easily handle this simple yet needed feature yet everyone new weather app shys away from it. I like seeing this if I am out to keep up to date.
    05-04-09 11:50 AM
    BBWeather for me. Not the prettiest, but works the best IMHO.
    05-04-09 12:07 PM
    i wish it had radar that would make it great
    05-04-09 08:22 PM
    I used WeatherBug, then switched to BerryWeather, because I was a sucker for the graphics and because WeatherBug takes its time downloading weather forecasts. But then, later uninstalled BerryWeather because of the battery drain issue, and because it would not install a Profile entry for the Weather Alerts, so I could not set it to silent. Went back to WeatherBug. Just 3 days ago I reinstalled BerryWeather for the heck of it, and what do you know, Profiles installed for Alerts. Even better, no battery drain issue over the last 3 days. No idea why it now works, same OS although I did uninstall LogMaid before reinstalling BerryWeather (for another reason), which is probably more correlative than causal to apparent resolution of these issues, who knows.
    05-04-09 09:41 PM
    Just thought I'd give dmg a plug with his new SimpleWeather app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 10:25 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD