I've done some searching on the forums here and can't seem to find anything regarding a working VoIP app for BB. The general consensus seems to be that Skype for BB beta is terrible and the finished product won't be all that useful... Are there any alternatives? I've just found TruPhone which seems fairly legit... Anything anyone else would suggest
    01-30-10 09:18 AM
    I was reading somewhere on cb that the 9k doesn't like voip. Vonage was supposed to make an voip for the bb (they show the bold) to dial via wifi... Should be a good start for other app builders to build from

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 09:20 AM
    All of the current VOIP apps call in to a local number, then route your call through their network. This is how iSkoot, IM+, and Vonage all work.

IM+ currently has a beta going for a true VOIP app (using wifi only), although I think the beta list is filled, and it does half-duplex, so it works like a walkie-talkie (push to talk, release to listen).
    01-30-10 09:39 AM
    Try Vopium. Have used it alot and calls are really cheap, even to mobiles in Iraq, etc. Support FAQ - Vopium
    02-02-10 12:09 AM
    Shape Services just release IM+ for Skype version 4.0, which includes VOIP over Wifi. It is available in the crackberry store, or through their website (IM+ All-in-One Messenger, IM+ for Skype for iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Android, Palm).

It only works over wifi, and like a walkie-talkie.
    02-02-10 07:49 AM
    Will those work with Storm2?
    02-02-10 01:52 PM
    Why can't we get a good Skype App like the iPhone has?
    02-03-10 04:30 PM
    any1 here willing to test out the im+ skype with me? just want to know how is the voice quality before i plan to purchase this app.
    02-03-10 07:48 PM
    Hello.
    I am looking for voip app for 9780 that can be used O2 network 3G but not walki-talki style. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 12:57 AM
    Try blackvoib for blackberry (BlackVoib). It is a VOIP client, you still need a VOIP provider. I have tried the current version on my 9900 and it works over wifi and 3G. Quality is better over wifi and you need to make sure that your carrier doesn't block voip traffic on the 3G network.

I use voip.ms as my voip carrier.

Blackvoib has a 14 day trial period to try it.
    11-09-11 07:48 AM
    I would recommend Mobile Voip Blackberry app.

There is others like Comwave ePhone, Fring. BlaCaDa 19 Free, Google Voice and Google Talk.
    03-13-12 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD