I am looking into getting a visual voicemail app on my 8900. From what I understand, these three apps are the best. Any suggestions on which one is the best to go with?

By the way, I do not have a gmail account. So google integration is not a big deal to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 01:00 PM
    in my experience, youmail sucks. I didnt tryed the 2 others but Google did great software in the pass...
    01-27-10 01:01 PM
    Get Ribbit Mobile ... amazing application... for an unbeatable price.

01-27-10 01:14 PM
    Hi rwright1!

It doesn't stay whether you are here or in UK but I think T Mobile is a UK operator, right? I didn't think you could get Googlevoice or Youmail in the UK, but I have tried all three and it's got to be HulloMail for me... for a start HulloMail is free and I'm having real fun sending Hullos to people, bit like a voice sms but they are free to send as well. I have a BlackBerry bold and haven't had any issues. Not sure who these Ribbit guys are!

hope that helps.
    01-28-10 02:51 AM
    TMobile is a US carrier as well so Google Voice would work. I have a Google Voice account right now and I like it quite a bit and its free. I was looking at activating the Google voicemail app on my phone as well so any voicemail coming to my real phone number instead of my Google phone number would still be recorded under Google Voice.

To activate the service, all you really have to do is call in the number that the popup tells you to call and your good to go. The only concern for me is being charged for the voicemail going to Google instead of TMobile.
    Last edited by fmemon06; 01-29-10 at 10:31 AM.
    01-29-10 10:29 AM
    If you're on at&t, and know someone with a bold, the att one works pretty well, and no ads either

01-29-10 05:35 PM
    I was using youmail for a few weeks before switching to GoogleVoice. Youmail works 'out of the box' pretty good. The text to voice thingy is a charge option, but I don't use it anyways.
    GoogleVoice is nice. You need some tweaking though to have it properly route to voicemail. Out of the box without any tweaking both you and the caller will go through two calls before going to voicemail when they call your cellphone#. You just need to put your GV in 'do not disturb' mode to have the call route to googlevoice after the first set of rings. They might have fixed this though, I haven't tried disabling do not disturb recently. I just like the GUI of GV. I also use iGoogle as my homepage and have GV as a gadget and also as a plugin for the Chrome browser. It has free text to speech, but it's total hit and miss depending on how clear the person speaks.
    01-29-10 05:51 PM
    Hullomail all the way. I loved using Youmail with the ability to customize greetings, but I had issues intermittently with it not recognizing my number and asking my callers for their pin. Contacted tech support, and was told they were looking into it, but it never cleared up and finally quit working all together. Hullomail has been problem free except for trying to sign up initially it said no network connection, but after a restart I was off to the races and have not looked back. Love the Google integration as well.

Also the Hullomail has the option to play recordings over the earpiece, which Youmail did not (or if they did I never found the option) in case you want to privately listen to your messages.
    Last edited by beasleybiz; 01-30-10 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added
    01-30-10 04:01 PM
    Hullomail all the way. I loved using Youmail with the ability to customize greetings, but I had issues intermittently with it not recognizing my number and asking my callers for their pin. Contacted tech support, and was told they were looking into it, but it never cleared up and finally quit working all together. Hullomail has been problem free except for trying to sign up initially it said no network connection, but after a restart I was off to the races and have not looked back. Love the Google integration as well.

Also the Hullomail has the option to play recordings over the earpiece, which Youmail did not (or if they did I never found the option) in case you want to privately listen to your messages.
    I share your opinion too, have you upgraded your app to the latest version 1.1.1? Now you can reply to a voicemails by sending short voice messages for free (just using your data plan). These messages are called hullos I think, this is a good way to say something to someone without having to call him! You just need the email addresses of your contacts or they have to be HulloMail users.
    02-08-10 06:25 AM
    Do any of these work in markets outside the US/Canada?
    02-08-10 09:08 AM
    Yeah! Why do we never get stuff like this in the uk!

02-08-10 06:05 PM
    I have had several different VVM's, my favorite has been the simple, straight forward RIM VVM. I had it on my 8900 and now on my 9700 and have never had a problem with it
    02-08-10 06:11 PM
    Anything work for us cdn's? I know google voice and hullomail doesn't work for cdn

02-08-10 08:16 PM
    Just thought I would add that hullomail works 'out the box' in the uk

02-09-10 02:43 AM
    Just thought I would add that hullomail works 'out the box' in the uk

Hey, Irvysan, HulloMail is available in the UK. Just go on the BlackBerry App world and search for HulloMail you will have it.

You have to register through the app and you're good to go.

Keep me updated if you register to HulloMail.
    02-09-10 05:21 AM
    i must be the only one using fusion voicemail. works pretty good for me.free.
    02-09-10 06:29 AM
    I'm not sure but I hated youmails clunky interface. I only tried google voice breifly, wasn't drastically impressed. Hullo looks interesting but I'll prob just stick with ole' faithful RIM's stock VVM
    02-09-10 10:15 AM
    I have been using Google Voice for a while now, but switched to try Hullo Mail for a bit. Very clean interface and works very well. I do miss the transcription that GV does, but Hullo gives Push notification of a new VM.... I love that.
    02-09-10 11:45 AM
    I have been using Google Voice for a while now, but switched to try Hullo Mail for a bit. Very clean interface and works very well. I do miss the transcription that GV does, but Hullo gives Push notification of a new VM.... I love that.
    Hey GameBoy, totally agree with you for the push notifications. If you want to see how it works there is a new video on youtube HulloMail channel I think, have a look.
    02-10-10 04:05 AM
    Hello guys,

Just to let you know that HulloMail updated their BlackBerry app and now supports BB 83xx and 85xx and changed their graphics in their app (clear and nice).

Check it out on the app world, I think that's a good news for visual voicemail services such as HulloMail that they are trying to develop for all the BlackBerrys models.

I tried it on my BB 9700 and it works fine, it's nice to receive voicemails via push notifications and listen to them in the order I want.
    04-12-10 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD