I've been having a heck of a time trying to find a good todo list app for the BOLD.

On my iPhone I use the app called Things and it's absolutely brilliant. There is a great one for my desktop also called The Hit List. and of course there is OmniFocus.

I'm looking for something similar to these apps and hopefully something that doesn't cost a bundle or ideally is free.

Any suggestions?
    08-08-09 12:44 AM
    None at all? Surprising... No GTD users here?
    08-08-09 07:03 PM
    I've been having a heck of a time trying to find a good todo list app for the BOLD.

On my iPhone I use the app called Things and it's absolutely brilliant. There is a great one for my desktop also called The Hit List. and of course there is OmniFocus.

I'm looking for something similar to these apps and hopefully something that doesn't cost a bundle or ideally is free.

Any suggestions?
    I myself am an OmniFocus fanatic and haven't found anything in the BlackBerry world that's similar when comparing features and price points. As a result I carry around my iPod touch for OmniFocus and the occasional games (hardly use it for music now days).

If anyone can come up with a reasonably-priced app with good features, I'd also be interested in hearing about it. Until then, I'm going to stick with OmniFocus.
    08-08-09 07:22 PM
    isnt there a google one?
    08-08-09 07:26 PM
    Have you looked into ToDoMatrix by RexWireless? Not sure if it would be what you need, since I am not familiar with the iPhone apps.
    08-08-09 08:01 PM
    Not sure if this would perfectly fit, but I use SplashData's SplashShopper for my grocery list and such. You could use a custom list as a to-do list.
    08-08-09 08:19 PM
    My fave right now is Evernote. Google notes is also good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 08:21 PM
    A couple that spring to mind for GTD are ToDoMatrix and TaskJot. The latter was posted on here last week I think so you'll find it with quick search. Unfortunately both are not free.
    08-08-09 09:01 PM
    Mara Tick works well for me. Multiple lists, due dates, and the ability to copy/paste lists to others... And it's free.

08-08-09 11:15 PM
    i use NextAction, based around GTD
    08-09-09 01:30 AM
    Zenminder is also a good ToDo/reminder program and it doesn't clutter up your calendar. Plus it's very easy to use.
    I think it's still a "deal" at the CB app store.

08-09-09 05:21 AM
    I have used ToDoMatrix and found it to be one of the best.

A big flaw for my needs, however, was lack of Outlook Tasks synchronization. My "delegates" don't all have blackberries so I found todomatrix great for me but it didn't work so well for others using Outlook Tasks.

They were working to link Outlook, but in review of their website it looks like they may have ditched the idea of Outlook sync.

EDIT; Well, it does look like they have Outlook sync now. It might be very basic, however. I might download the latest version for trial to see how well it works.
    Last edited by CGI; 08-09-09 at 11:29 AM.
    08-09-09 11:20 AM
    Cool thanks everyone for your submissions. Much appreciated.

Being a mac user outlook sync ability means zip for me. I do use evernote a fair amount. I've had it on my iPhone since it first became available. I just am not a big fan of the fact the notes load from the web browser instead of in the app itself. That would work for me though if they can change that.

I'll look into todomatrix, i've been hearing more and more about it. I've also heard of mara tick as well.
    08-10-09 12:02 AM
    Has anyone tried slicktasks yet? Looks pretty much like what I'm looking for!
    08-20-09 12:13 AM
    i was thinking the same about that slicktasks... i wanted to see if anyone has tried it yet....
    08-20-09 12:41 AM
    REX Wireless. The definitive Task Manager.
    1. Outstanding Support.
    2. Incredibly Reliable /Stable
    3. Brilliantly Logical.
    4. Versatile from simple to complex.
    I've tried perhaps every offering and none come nearly close. Yes it's not free though it's value is really dependant on the importance of your Data.
    TMX is truly the apex of Task apps for the Blackberry.
    08-20-09 01:13 AM
    I bought slicktasks and was...... well. disappointed a little due to flaws.

Its a great GTD app, beautiful interface, detailed enough to have different notifications, but has very glaring flaws which the author is fixing at the moment.

firstly, notifications aren't customisable in options, but only able to set the audible notification on or off. It doesn't take into account profile selection so it does emit sounds even if your phone is in vibrate/silent mode.

2nd, it doesn't save to tasks or calender. It syncs FROM, but not to. So its pretty much a standalone app.

Besides those, its very fine
    Nice touch on the fone colors and LED light notifications.
    Everythng u would expect frm a todo app, including recurring events etc

Edit: oh and what's most outstanding is the price. At $2.95 (promo till aug31) you can't complain! Taskjot's $14 or $24, and todomatrix's like $80?
    Last edited by jpgnfx; 08-20-09 at 09:32 AM.
    08-20-09 09:15 AM
    SlickTask looks nice but I would like it better if it would sync to the native task and calendar apps. Would love to see that ability in a future release.
    08-21-09 08:27 PM
    08-21-09 09:48 PM
    I have been using ToDoMatrix for over a year now, couldn't live without it.
    08-21-09 10:30 PM
    I purchased Slicktask too... wasn't too happy with it... too time consuming. I wished it sync with native Task/Calendar
    08-22-09 06:41 AM
    I like Task Master. I think it is really nice.
    08-22-09 08:29 AM
    Check out GAPList.com List Keeper. It allows a large variety of lists, with checking and unchecking items in list. It will also perform calculations on columns just like a spreadsheet. I've tried to make it very thorough. It is 100% web based so it can be accessed from any web enabled device. This makes it very easy to type your lists on your PC and then have them available on your BB.

Here's the thread on crackberry
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/lin...st-com-242174/
    09-23-09 02:07 AM
    MY TASKS (My Headache as I like to call it now)

The earlier one was nice and simple and also impossible to find since the so called "upgrade" dropped.

The latest release is very cumbersome, cluttered, and busy. It's as if they tried too hard to make it flashy. I want fast, simple, and easy to use. This severly lacks any way to customize it, and forces so much unnecessary information down your throat, you can barely figure out what's going on. If you create even 2 lists, they will also be combined in many others lists that you have no option to hide, delete, or move. Now imagine having 5 or 10 lists. Now you have all this information sorted in some crazy manner that may or not make sense to you.

SUPPORT IS HORRIBLE!
    SUPPORT IS HORRIBLE!
    SUPPORT IS HORRIBLE!
    Did I mention, Support is horrible?

Mobihand continually contacted the Developer as did I, (I know because I was sent CCs of their attempts) and never received a response to resolve a simple issue. (I just needed a copy of the previous version since the upgrade was so terribly different, I had no use for it)

Mobihand finally decided to refund my purchase price as they were not even able to get a response. I am still waiting for a response, it's only been 3 months now.

This developer takes your money and runs. If you come to rely on an app such as I did, definitely look elsewhere. You may find yourself left hanging in a bad situation like I did.

Stay away.
    Last edited by Risingsun124; 09-30-09 at 08:59 PM.
    09-30-09 08:53 PM
    What are you talking about guys. I tested almost all the todo applications for blackberry including the ToDoMatrix that everybody is talking about....

The best app out there with difference is called MyLife Organized for Blackberry (Personal organizer software, task & time management software. Getting things done (GTD): project management software, project & personal information management (PIM). To do list & time management system.)

It has just been released and it is on its 1st version. Don't let this fool you. It runs fluently without glitches. It is more straightforward than ToDoMatrix, with indefinite subtasks and folders, smooth and cool! it does not depend on annual licenses and it costs just 14.99 dollaro !!!

Say bye to ToDoMatrix!!!!

Take care

11-13-10 05:35 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD