I'm looking for the best threaded sms app out there.
    Bonus point if it's free!

Thanks
    09-21-09 08:50 AM
    Take a look at bChat.
    09-21-09 12:06 PM
    I love empower sms. Not really threaded though, just adds a great look. But when added to ur phone it becomes part of ur sms. With Bchat the sms show ur in ur sms folder and bchat. Got annoying having to go back and forth
    09-21-09 02:08 PM
    You need to block sms with the firewall then you only have to deal with then in bChat. It's a very nice functional app for the price.
    09-21-09 04:09 PM
    I love empower sms. Not really threaded though, just adds a great look. But when added to ur phone it becomes part of ur sms. With Bchat the sms show ur in ur sms folder and bchat. Got annoying having to go back and forth
    Yeah go to options>security>firewall>then check sms. You will also have to redo your profile alerts because you will no longer have an alert for bchat until you set it up!
    09-21-09 04:11 PM
    how about 5.0...and it's free.
    09-21-09 04:12 PM
    how about 5.0...and it's free.

The OP cant, theyre on a 8310........
    09-21-09 04:36 PM
    I had bchat on 5.0 and it didn't work to well. The text seemed to overlap each prior message
    09-21-09 06:44 PM
    Just wait until 5.0 is released, threaded sms will be on it.
    09-21-09 07:04 PM
    well i have learned something new tonight thank you
    09-21-09 07:11 PM
    Installed Empower today.
    I agree with thekrishna that it is technically not threaded (you go into the regular sms app first, once you click on a text message, it opens the whole conversation with that person in a threaded mode). I will say that it is probably the best thing out there IMHO short of installing os 5.0. I really like that it is integrated with the stock sms app. No battery-pull or messing with firewall settings.

2 issues with it:
    1) The only text not included in the thread is the very last one sent by you. That message will not appear until they person you sent it to sends a text back.
    2) You can't do the double-tap spacebar period thing.
    I can live with both of these for now, since I really missed my Treo threaded texting AND I ain't installing os 5.0 until it is launched and stable.

FYI, it appears to me that if you go to most of the websites that offer it, it is gonna cost 15 bucks right now, however if you use the on-device blackberry apps application to dl and buy it it is only 10 bucks.

I liked it so much that I bought it the same day I downloaded it. First time for that.
    Sorry MissHannah, no bonus points for me.

off topic:
    I am a bit bummed that two things that were free, and important to me, on my wmTreo cost me greenbacks. Threaded sms was built in and you could do any number of characters in a text message (ala Beyond160) by doing a simple regedit.
    09-22-09 10:18 PM
    I'm looking for the best threaded sms app out there.
    Bonus point if it's free!

Thanks

Empower SMS is only $2.99 for the next 2 days in the crackberry store. I big discount from the regular price of $14.99
    09-23-09 01:52 PM
    i tried empower sms and it wasnt that good
    10-16-09 01:38 AM
    I liked the eye candy that you get with Empower SMS. The regular price is way too high for the functionality.

I was planning to purchase the product recently (when it was on sale). I had some problems with the product and tried to contact the developer. I tried multiple methods, multiple times to reach them and never got a response back. Not being able to reach support ultimately made me decide not to purchase the product. Buyer beware...

Regards,
    Steve
    10-20-09 10:50 AM
    im gonna say in my unbiased opinion that you should go with bChat
    10-20-09 11:10 AM
    I bought bChat with great hopes and excitement and for the life of me could not get it to work. Followed every tip and step in the lengthy thread about it, did everything that everyone told me to do, and it just would not show a text, let alone a threaded one. Finally gave up and ate the 99 cents it cost. Empower was cute but destroyed my battery life. Think waiting for a full release of 5.0 is the way to go at this point.
    10-20-09 12:57 PM
    So there is no free one only the one on OS 5.0
    there has to be a free one out there
    10-23-09 03:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD