Which is the best SMS Pop-Up Viewer?

I am looking for something that looks sleek and clean. Something that can match the original theme for the Tour. Something that is user friendly and professional looking...

any guidance or direction?

thanks ahead of time...
    08-02-09 02:45 AM
    BerryPopup - Preview Incoming E-Mail and SMS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

It's also the only one that lets you read the entire message and respond from the pop up. It comes with a 7 day trial, so give it a go.
    08-02-09 08:42 AM
    i tried two different ones and the thing i hate is that once u read and either respond or dismiss the notification is still there in your messages folder... u have to still go in there to clear it
    08-02-09 08:46 AM
    i tried two different ones and the thing i hate is that once u read and either respond or dismiss the notification is still there in your messages folder... u have to still go in there to clear it
    This is right. None seem to ever dismiss the fact that the message has already been read. If that doesn't bother you, then you have no worries. I have BerryPopUp and e-Mobile Preview.

"BerryPopUp" I was able to read the entire message from the pop up, which was what I wanted and I was also able to reply back to it, delete it, close it out or forward it.

"e-Mobile Preview", well that's all it is. It's just a preview of who's sending you the message and about the first 5 words of the message. However, there is no trial with this app.
    08-02-09 08:52 AM
    This might be more than you want, but it works. e-mobile Today Pro I bought it for my Storm, worked fine on the Curve, works fine on Tour. (I scoured the web and found a coupon code to get the weather add-on free, it's handy too.)

You can see the first line of an SMS and who it's from, open it from emobile screen. You can then read the full text and reply because you're in SMS app. Also from e-mobile SMS screen you can access Default Inbox or Composes SMS, or delete. Same for emails. Tasks, appointments and contacts all are on the main screen too. If you get add ons (such as news, weather) a synopsis is visible on main screen. Click on that and you get detailed forecast or more news, etc.

I rely on this program heavily. Minor downsides are a) there's no trial, but after trying others I went with this one and don't regret it and b) it's kind of clumsy to maneuver when opening and closing sections. But still worth it to me because everything is right there in front of me, no hopping around between apps.

Scroll down that link above for screenshots of what I'm talking about.
    Black & red backgrounds look sharp, crisp and clean on the Tour.
    Last edited by periwinklemoon; 08-02-09 at 09:10 AM.
    08-02-09 09:08 AM
    I have the e-mobile weather and I love it on my Tour.. It seems like this emobile today is like an interface overhaul? Similar to SBP Mobile shell on WM phones... so you'd leave it running as your "home screen" at all times?
    08-02-09 12:33 PM
    Thanks all!

Using the trial of berryPopUp now. Not too bad, and tried the empower version too.

Will look more into all your suggestions! Thanks again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 01:53 PM
    Excuse my ignorance... But what's the point of an sms viewer? Why not just view them from the message folder..or sms folder?

08-02-09 01:56 PM
    Excuse my ignorance... But what's the point of an sms viewer? Why not just view them from the message folder..or sms folder?

I think the OP wanted something that would "pop up" on the today screen instead of having to go into the messages folder to read it. This is what happens on WinMo phones for example.
    08-02-09 02:13 PM
    Ahh okay so kinda like a today theme...but not really?

08-02-09 02:16 PM
    Ahh okay so kinda like a today theme...but not really?

It's more like no matter what application you are in (browser, etc) the sender, subject, and some/most/all of the message itself will pop up, so that every time you get an SMS or email, you don't have to switch out of whatever it is that you are currently doing.
    08-02-09 02:22 PM
    Oh I can see where that can be useful.. That's pretty useful. Thanks for the info.

08-02-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD