Exactly how can you assign it to the lock button? Or is this a patternlock pro feature only? I have the free version.

Following these instructions only lets you change the convenience key, not the lock key:
    Options > Device > Convenience Key.
    Not too sure about the free version but with the paid version you would
    do the following:

Options > Third Party Applications > PatternLock > General.

The first setting is for the hardware lock key.

10-11-10 10:44 AM
    Quick question for everybody,

I want something to protect my phone from answering calls in my pocket. IE if I am receiving a call, I would like to have a swipe or pattern of some kind to answer the call. This is so I'm not answering calls in my pocket.

Does pattern lock offer this service?? If not is anyone aware of any apps that do?

Thanks in advance.
    10-11-10 11:16 PM
    Not too sure about the free version but with the paid version you would
    do the following:

Options > Third Party Applications > PatternLock > General.

The first setting is for the hardware lock key.

Does this work on the Torch too??
    10-12-10 01:54 AM
    Does this work on the Torch too??
    Yes. In fact I did that screen shot from my 9800 (I refuse to call it a Torch )

Posted from my 9800 at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 04:52 AM
    So i stumbled across this hoping someone has some insight to a problem i believe caused by pattern lock pro. I have the torch and the paid version of pattern lock pro, and ive been using it for months and really have not had any problems. Now, the problem i am having is when my calendar alerts me, or a task alerts me while the phone is locked, upon unlocking the "alert" is gone. I only know this because when i was near my phone the other day, i heard the alert for a reminder, noticed it was 15 minutes to 3:00pm and i unlocked the phone with my pattern and no alert. I went to the calendar and sure enough the appointment was still there, the phone alerted me, however since pattern lock took over i did not get it. So if im not physically by my phone, or if my phone is on vibrate and i dont hear the alert ill never get them.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this because of pattern lock? Thanks in advance...

Jason
    06-16-11 08:01 AM
    Give deUnblock a try. It's probably the most secure locking app out there because it uses the native built in password function. You can assign various quick keys to unlock the phone. Only takes a couple of seconds and you don't have to type in your password everytime. The quick key does it for you. Pretty cool app I think.
    jl82 likes this.
    06-16-11 09:08 AM
    Give deUnblock a try. It's probably the most secure locking app out there because it uses the native built in password function. You can assign various quick keys to unlock the phone. Only takes a couple of seconds and you don't have to type in your password everytime. The quick key does it for you. Pretty cool app I think.
    Ok, cool. Ill give it a try.

tx
    06-16-11 09:13 AM
    So i stumbled across this hoping someone has some insight to a problem i believe caused by pattern lock pro. I have the torch and the paid version of pattern lock pro, and ive been using it for months and really have not had any problems. Now, the problem i am having is when my calendar alerts me, or a task alerts me while the phone is locked, upon unlocking the "alert" is gone. I only know this because when i was near my phone the other day, i heard the alert for a reminder, noticed it was 15 minutes to 3:00pm and i unlocked the phone with my pattern and no alert. I went to the calendar and sure enough the appointment was still there, the phone alerted me, however since pattern lock took over i did not get it. So if im not physically by my phone, or if my phone is on vibrate and i dont hear the alert ill never get them.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this because of pattern lock? Thanks in advance...

Jason
    I don't have any problems with my alerts staying on the screen after swiping my pattern with PL.
    06-16-11 09:58 AM
    Hmm. I've had my Torch a week or so and have read a few of these threads.

I have Patternlock installed, and it's great, but quite often the screen is on in my pocket, which is not great for battery life.

What I really want is a piece of software that allows me to set how long I have to press the lock button before it locks and unlocks, and that disables all the other keys once it is locked.

So the routine would be

1) Press lock button for set time (2 secs?) to lock
    2) No button makes the screen come on at all apart from lock button, and then only if it is pressed for an amount of time set by the user (2 secs or so)

I guess you'd need some kind of override in case you dropped the phone and broke the lock button - perhaps you could also get the screen to unlock if you pressed the green and red phone buttons together for a customisable amount of time.

Anyone know of anything that does this - I'm not interested in the security, just locking the phone and stopping wasting battery by the screen lighting up all the time!
    07-21-11 04:04 AM
    Ok... so if nobody else is going to acknowledge the 800 pound gorilla in the room, I am.

I've used a BBStorm2 (yeah, I know) for over a year now, and this is my first experience with BB products. I would expect screen and keylocking to be some of the barest, basic and most minimal functions that a phone would possess WITHOUT AN APP... I shouldn't have to worry about '-b u t t - d i a l i n g-' 911 or Aunt Felicia in Portland...

Am I really expecting too much from RIM/Blackberry...
    Last edited by Buzz_Dengue; 07-21-11 at 10:07 AM.
    07-21-11 10:05 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD