Hi all, I'm looking for a good RSS Reader for my 8320, there seems to be a few and I just tried piconews and it didn't seem to work so anyone have any other ones? Free is definitely near a necessity too haha

thanks
    12-01-07 03:12 AM
    Viigo from Virtual Reach is both free and works really well.

Virtual Reach
    12-01-07 03:58 AM
    Wait, did anyone say Viigo?
    12-01-07 09:45 AM
    Viigo is great... it's what i use most on my Pearl. (after mobile CrackBerry, that is)
    12-12-07 09:06 AM
    freerange is the best...
    12-13-07 06:41 PM
    Virtual Reach hands down!!
    12-13-07 09:26 PM
    VIIGO no doubt. Especially with new version realized.
    Before VIIGO no rss, with VIIGO rss all they long.
    12-14-07 05:59 PM
    I was using Viigo, both pre and beta. Just wasn't a fan. Browsing feeds is good, but reading them is not. I like Google's full article reader a lot, but browsing feeds is a hassle.

Still looking for a good combination of the two. Hoping Viigo post beta turns out to be a lot better because it has the potential.

I think people pushing Viigo here are pushing it because they probably haven't tried anything else or because it was pushed on crackberry. Not saying its bad, but its not God's gift to Blackberry like some of the posts above would like you to think.
    08-21-08 09:34 PM
    I used mobi pocket reader for a while, until I upgraded to os 4.5 and it worked out quite well. Granted I had to update all of my articles through my comp, and there were no in article links, but then I always had the full article without having to link through. Hopefully by now they've fixed that issue.

I also used pico new reader, or whatever its called. That was good and fast, but the ui was kinda fugly. But it got the job done. Im using viigo right now because im waiting for the beta, thats about the only reason.
    08-22-08 02:08 PM
    I personally don't find Viigo that easy to use Maybe cause I'm used to Windows Mobile, where I had all my feeds on my home screen without having to update manually or enter a certain menu manually..

Any other suggestions?
    12-23-08 01:57 AM
    FreeRange...easily the better of the 2
    12-23-08 01:59 AM
    That's not free, is it?
    12-23-08 02:04 AM
    I like Newsgator.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 05:11 PM
    Viigo all the way here...
    12-27-08 05:12 PM
    Is Newsgator free???

12-28-08 04:57 AM
    Newagator is free.Doesn't support picture.

Freerang can subscribe 10 feeds only. If you want more ,must pay for it .

Viigo is too large . I hate the large banner of Viigo.

Upvise , berryvine ,also ,you can try.

12-28-08 06:59 AM
    I can never get FreeRange to work, constant problems with it...

As for Viigo... Looks like I'm going to be RSS-less for awhile
    12-28-08 10:21 AM
    Another vote for Viigo. I haven't had any memory issues at all, and I like the newest update.
    12-28-08 10:53 AM
    I use Google Reader myself - no memory footprint like an app (just the browser bookmark). No memory leaks like some apps... And free too. Limited in some ways yes, but depends what you want from an RSS reader (does me fine).

12-28-08 11:03 AM
    I use Google Reader myself - no memory footprint like an app (just the browser bookmark). No memory leaks like some apps... And free too. Limited in some ways yes, but depends what you want from an RSS reader (does me fine).

Just set my google reader app up and really liking it so far
    12-28-08 11:33 AM
    Pocket Day Professional is a very useful tool for weather, stocks, world clocks, calendar, etc... and also has a decent RSS feed as one of the modules ... I like it ... works well enough not to need a dedicated RSS app.
    12-28-08 12:21 PM
    Not free though
    12-29-08 01:18 AM
    I have mobipoket, I just downloaded the other day. It works fine and its free...
    check it out here: Blackberry eBook Reader - Download the free Mobipocket eBook Reader software to read on your PDA and Smartphone.
    12-29-08 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD