Is that wallpaper part of the 3g tour theme?
    No. Can't remember where I found it, but here it is.

08-27-09 04:22 PM
    Thanks man.

Terry
    08-27-09 04:35 PM
    BerryWeather FTW
    08-27-09 04:38 PM
    berry weather is nice
    08-27-09 04:45 PM
    Can you say B-E-R-R-Y-W-E-A-T-H-E-R
    08-27-09 04:50 PM
    In all fairness, I will say berryweather is hands down the best looking weather app out there:

However,

The source for berryweather (hamweather i think) and the makers at bellshare have some major issues with the accuracy of the weather that they are reporting.

I found that the inaccuracy of the weather was just too much over my free trial period - ex. I would have severe thunderstorms and it would say its cloudy outside with no storm alerts. Sunny and 88 outside - it said fair and 79.

I switched to weatherbug elite and haven't had any problems since.

To be critical, I will say weatherbug elite is somewhat slower and not as visually appealing, but when it comes to the weather in my location, the weather is spot on, and the alerts get pushed out asap.

So...

I would say if you want a "true" weather app with accurate weather go for weatherbug elite although it will not be as visually appealing or fast as berry weather, but when it comes to a "weather app" I assume you want accurate weather.

If you want a smooth, fast, visually appealing, but very inaccurate weather app then spring the cash for berryweather in the hopes that their source and their makers get on the same page.

But before I would choose Berryweather, at the very least, go to the bellshare berryweather forums and check out the litany of complaints many of its customers have.

Hope that helps.
    08-27-09 05:08 PM
    Does Weatherbug elite have the temp - hi/lo displayed on your "desktop" (not sure of the correct BB nomenclature) without having to hover or click on it?
    I have the trial version and I hate having to click to get the current temp. Maybe there's a setting I'm missing.
    08-27-09 05:46 PM
    Yes, the elite version has a little thermometer with the current temp. up near the battery charge and signal strength... It only displays the current temp. though.

To get high/low + current temp and a weather icon (rainy sunny, fog, etc.) you have to move the WB elite app icon to your home screen, open the program and then leave the program running in your background, and it will display the above stated conditions. You will have to hover over it though to get the conditions. No click is necessary.

Not sure about the basic version though...

Hope that was somewhat helpful...

If you search the forums I'm sure you can come up with somebody's home screen pics with the little thermometer and the weather app icon display...
    Last edited by Jeff7664; 08-27-09 at 06:21 PM.
    08-27-09 06:18 PM
    I like weathereye

is there any reason to go for berryweather??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 06:41 PM
    Like many here, I tried the berryweather trial and found the temp readings consistently 5-10 degrees off.
    08-27-09 07:11 PM
    Absolutely love BerryWeather! I'm a pilot so I'm obsessed with weather. Of course I use the official FAA weather for flight planning purposes, but for a quick check to see general conditions throughout the day, BerryWeather rocks!

Great stability, great visuals, rock solid software.
    08-27-09 08:15 PM
    Crud. I too fell for the interface and customization. But now I'm looking at the temp and BerryWeather says 72 while weather.com and the local news show 65. Humidity and dew point are off as well. Crud.
    08-28-09 12:00 AM
    Berryweather by Bellshare is da shizzz!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 12:02 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD