After a frustrating week long inability to purchase the newest upgrade of BeBuzz through BB App World (I know, I know, it was a HUGE mistake to use BAW, but I was a brand new BB user back in June when I bought my previous BeBuzz from BAW, newbie ignorance). The saga has been posted here, and I am finally getting to a point that no matter how cool the new BeBuzz is, if BAW and Bellshare won't take my money, I don't want to give it to them. Both BB/RIM customer service and Bellshare have passed the buck back and forth as to who is responsible for providing a way to buy the $2.99 upgrade. You'd think in this economy at least one of them would want my money. SO....
    Does anyone know of any OTHER non-Bellshare LED alert apps with all the features of the newest BeBuzz, (I.e. disco lights, custom colors, dim, regular, and bright settings, etc.), but is NOT BeBuzz and is not made by Bellshare and available somewhere other than BAW where they might actually want my money? Prefer if they have a trial version available first.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 12:15 AM
    why not just purchase directly from Bellshare instead of thru the app world? Just an idea
    It'd be much easier that way.

Otherwise try out BBAlerts. Its not as great as BeBuzz, but it changes the LED's and does the trick.
    Think BerryBuzz before the major update.

You can get it here
    08-18-09 01:12 AM
    Color LED is free and not too bad..
    08-18-09 01:41 AM
    Already been in contact with both Bellshare and BB/RIM, who just keep passing the buck back and forth as to who is responsible for providing the ability actually purchase the $2.99 upgrade through BAW. Buying through Bellshare is not possible, but they have no problem pointing me to Mobihand where the upgrade is $5.99 because I bought my previous version from BAW, and I am not going to pay double for a an upgrade for an app I just bought in June.

08-18-09 02:37 AM
    I think if you just cough up the extra 3 dollars, you'd be set. If I was that annoyed to start calling them and spending all that time on the phone.. The extra 3 dollars for an app isn't that bad of an option. But that's just me.
    08-18-09 03:29 AM
    I have to agree.
    I get that you shouldn't have to pay the extra but for the sake of 3 bucks?

08-18-09 03:45 AM
    It is the principle of the thing. If they are going to falsely advertise the availability of the $2.99 upgrade, I am not going to pay double and reward them for fraudulent advertising.

08-18-09 10:53 AM
    funny thing is I bought my copy in June as well and never received the upgrade fee. I just paid the full price.
    Like most have said, just pay the extra $3 to avoid anymore hassle on you side.

Its not worth the time.
    08-18-09 09:32 PM
    It goes against my principles to reward companies who are committing bait-switch consumer fraud. It's like responding to spammed email, which we are always warned not to do because it only encourages them to keep doing it.

08-19-09 02:30 AM
    Its all on you man. Its the simple way out, but you can definitely sit there and keep whining and hope they just get tired of you and give you that free pass. I doubt it though.

You're treating this like that 3 dollars is the world.
    08-19-09 02:32 AM
    Back to my original question: What LED alert apps *other* than BeBuzz , and *not* made by Bellshare, and available somewhere *other* than BAW, are there that have the *same* features as the newest BeBuzz. Are there any that are not disabled by BBLight app, like BeBuzz is?
    Trials preferable.

08-19-09 02:38 AM
    It is not about the money, as you can see I have been asking about OTHER LED apps, which I know will be more than 3 dollars. Companies that commit bait-and-switch consumer fraud should be prosecuted, not rewarded with sales.

08-19-09 02:41 AM
    Yeah I see what you're trying to get at.
    08-19-09 02:48 AM
    I actually just registered for bebuzz. My trial runs out tomorrow so I went to mobihand and they have a deal until August 19.

BerryBuzz 2.0 - Custom LED Colors, Repeating Alerts and more! - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

Price: $5.95
    Special Price: $2.97 until Aug 19
    You save: $2.98 (50.08%)

Not bad. No problems for me at all so far. I ordered, plugged in the registration key and done!
    08-19-09 02:53 AM
    Like, I said, it is not about the money. I will not reward a company who committed bait-and-switch consumer fraud for over a week. OTHER LED alert app suggestions please?

08-19-09 11:06 AM
    Like, I said, it is not about the money. I will not reward a company who committed bait-and-switch consumer fraud for over a week. OTHER LED alert app suggestions please?

As mentioned earlier, BBAlerts does the trick & has been working for me on my 8330 & now on my Tour.
    08-19-09 11:50 AM
    there's bbalerts, i think it's available via handango.
    08-19-09 02:35 PM
    I totally understand Lacey's point of view and stand behind him/her. That kind of tactic from a software house is really bad. We need a BBB for that!

Anyway, Lacey, since it's 50% off today, it comes to you for $2.97 instead of $2.99 upgrade. I say go for that if anything! ;-)
    08-19-09 02:47 PM
    Thanks, and I'm a "her."
    A couple of more specific related questions:
    Are there any LED alert apps that are not disabled by the free BBLight app, or is that pretty universal?
    Any other apps where you can set the data coverage indicator light to something other than its default green?

08-19-09 03:49 PM
    Thanks, and I'm a "her."
    A couple of more specific related questions:
    Are there any LED alert apps that are not disabled by the free BBLight app, or is that pretty universal?
    Any other apps where you can set the data coverage indicator light to something other than its default green?

BBAlerts is compatible. Try it out....
    08-19-09 04:53 PM
    Color LED is free and not too bad..
    Where at? Crackberry has it for $5.95, and no trial to test it out first.
    08-19-09 05:24 PM
    Handango has BBAlerts for $9.95, but has no trial. Is it available with a trial version anywhere else?
    08-19-09 06:27 PM
    You could download for free this app which will let you setup LED alerts for your top 10 contacts in a snap (check out the 3700 great reviews):

BlackBerry App World - Who Is It - LED Light Alerts for Contacts
    01-20-11 07:47 AM
    I like WhoIsIt. it is free, is simple to use, and you can set up to 10 contacts for 10 colors.
    01-20-11 01:27 PM
    Also, I agree with your comments on BeBuzz...and completely understand your frustration...don't pay them!
    01-20-11 01:29 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD