I am trying out Slider Lock Pro Free version but I am not a big fan and it hasn't convinced me to upgrade to the Pro version. I also think it is slowing my phone down.

Because I have a skin on the phone and am using a 9700 holster to fit the phone w skin inside, I need a locking app. I made 3 accidental calls today.

Just wanted to see if anyone had experience with these and what the general advice is on the best one. Just need something simple to lock and unlock that won't slow it down.

Posted in this in the app forum but haven't heard from anyone there, so thought this might be better place to ask.
    Last edited by Murtz316; 11-03-11 at 02:56 AM. Reason: forgot a question
    11-03-11 02:55 AM
    I am trying out Slider Lock Pro Free version but I am not a big fan and it hasn't convinced me to upgrade to the Pro version. I also think it is slowing my phone down.

Because I have a skin on the phone and am using a 9700 holster to fit the phone w skin inside, I need a locking app. I made 3 accidental calls today.

Just wanted to see if anyone had experience with these and what the general advice is on the best one. Just need something simple to lock and unlock that won't slow it down.

Posted in this in the app forum but haven't heard from anyone there, so thought this might be better place to ask.
    I've been using A+ Pattern Lock-Free version... Its been working fine, couple things are i wish i could change the themes(may be able to on the Pro) and that it was a little bigger on my screen
    11-03-11 08:21 AM
    What could be any better than the dedicated lock button on top? No extra apps to use battery or memory and it works every time.
    11-03-11 02:20 PM
    Mine's a bit of a fiddle to activate, especially with the soft shell case on.
    Browno and Murtz316 like this.
    11-03-11 02:42 PM
    Password on device. Universal Search Off. Press and hold K key. Locked. Free, easy to use, and eats 0 memory.
    Phil DeLong likes this.
    11-03-11 05:02 PM
    Password on device. Universal Search Off. Press and hold K key. Locked. Free, easy to use, and eats 0 memory.
    Or .. after you set your password. Place the new "BB LOCK" icon (you'll get one when you set a password) on the main screen. Just give it a quick tap and itll lock the phone entirely !
    11-03-11 09:24 PM
    Unless I'm mistaken, I believe the op just wants to lock to prevent accidental keypresses. That's different from pw protecting. Again, the button on top does exactly what you need and if its not easy to operate with a skin, you have a crappy skin.
    11-04-11 07:21 AM
    Yeah, the skin might be the problem but it is the only one I could find that would allow me to still fit it in the 9700 holster

I have found that the A key will lock the keypad and do what I need it to do without using top button. But how do I unlock it without using top button?

Oh and while i am here, how do I turn universal search off?

Thanks!
    11-04-11 10:22 AM
    Options - display - homescreen preferences
    Murtz316 likes this.
    11-04-11 10:27 AM
    Turned Universal Search to Application Shortcuts

All I need to figure out now is how to unlock the phone by using something other than the top button. Suggestions anyone?
    11-04-11 10:30 AM
    Currently mine is set to push and hold my "A" key. This is a default in the OS I am running (Latest WIND release). You could assign it to L or something if you like.
    11-04-11 02:05 PM
    I have the lock on A working but how do I assign a key to unlock?
    11-04-11 03:29 PM
    I have the lock on A working but how do I assign a key to unlock?

Hold the power button down and when the power prompt screen appears quickly hit the back key.

So its really hitting two keys, but you won't have to use the top lock button.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-04-11 03:46 PM
    Is that the only way? So I can't assign a speed dial key to unlock? If that's the case, then it might be worth getting an app.
    11-04-11 03:51 PM
    Is that the only way? So I can't assign a speed dial key to unlock? If that's the case, then it might be worth getting an app.

Yup, no way to assign a key.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-04-11 04:18 PM
    Hmm, then I might be forced to use an unlocking app

Can anyone recommend one? I want very simple design. Just a slider that I can quickly use to lock and unlock with no password and that will keep my wallpaper as it is now.
    11-04-11 04:25 PM
    Currently mine is set to push and hold my "A" key. This is a default in the OS I am running (Latest WIND release). You could assign it to L or something if you like.
    How do you assign to the other key besides "A"...

Thanks
    11-11-11 06:08 PM
    I have downloaded and love Tgrape lock form crackberry app store. Works perfect with many options including a trial.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    11-12-11 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD