I was wondering what everyones favorite im program both free and paid pros and cons.

Also, i recently tried palringo (the windows mobile is so much better) on pearl 8130. It locks and everytime i try to chat with someone else, the chat is closed with the person i originally was chatting with.

So am I doing something wrong (I don't have any other programs running usually, only have 5 or 6 programs that are small and everyone else has and I usually do a soft reset before.

If anyone can tell me if they had success on either the pearl or the bold (I might be getting that soon)

One last thing, does anyone keep their ims on all the time and have noticed if it significantly effects battery life.

thanks in advance, rob
    01-01-09 01:18 AM
    Most people will tell you hands-down the best I'm app on any BlackBerry is Beejive. It supports all major IM services seamlessly, and it just plain works. No muss, no fuss. A full license that is transferrable to a new BB should you get one is $30, a single-device license is $20. Totally worth it. I HATE paying for software, but Beejive is the first and best purchase I ever made for my Curve.

Beejive - instant messaging anywhere

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 03:03 AM
    Oh, and I do usually keep Beejive on all day, and yes, it does affect battery life, but not heavily. It has a powersave mode when idle.

01-01-09 03:05 AM
    BeeJive hands down.

01-01-09 03:29 AM
    BeeJive is the best.
    01-01-09 12:12 PM
    I beg to differ... Eye of the beholder.

I like and use Instango. I actually have both installed and use Instango.... it's free!
    01-01-09 03:56 PM
    Here is the direct bb link:

instango - Download or type "get.instango.com" in your BB browser.
    01-01-09 03:57 PM
    Istango is fine.
    The latest version is 2.1.0

01-01-09 06:10 PM
    Hi,

I can't believe it. I thought i knew all the ims out there, and you guys found me the perfect one.

Thanks, so far so good.

Any chance you know of a killer pim appication? I know i'm pushing my luck. I tried pocket informant and thats so basic, I'd pay for the windows version but that doesn't look like it will have those functions any time soon.
    01-01-09 06:43 PM

I like and use Instango. I actually have both installed and use Instango.... it's free!
    I have both as well. And to be honest instango is every bit as good as beejive.

01-02-09 12:12 AM

I agree, I've tried several all-in-one messengers and instango is by far the best imo.
    01-02-09 02:05 AM
    Hi,

I can't believe it. I thought i knew all the ims out there, and you guys found me the perfect one.

Thanks, so far so good.

Any chance you know of a killer pim appication? I know i'm pushing my luck. I tried pocket informant and thats so basic, I'd pay for the windows version but that doesn't look like it will have those functions any time soon.
    Glad Instango worked out... PIM, I only use Outlook.
    01-02-09 03:34 AM
    what is PIM? also do i get charged for texting using instango?
    01-03-09 03:43 AM
    Hi,

Thanks, so far so good.

PIM is Personal Information Manager

I use Agendus from Iambic. here it is Agendus for BlackBerry - all-in-one personal information manager integrates and enhances the BlackBerry built-in calendar, tasks, and contacts
    Last edited by fyrfyter; 01-03-09 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Update
    01-03-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD