i've searched and most reponses were espn which i think you have to pay for. also i don't want one for each sport either. is there a good one with a nice interface that covers all (most... at least nfl, nba, mlb) that's free or at least cheap?

are rss readers my best bet? how are the sports on viigo, freesomething(forgot the name), and apnews?
    01-28-09 04:02 PM
    I use ESPN. I also set up alerts for baseball (my preference) and I get all the latest stuff sent to my phone via sms. I love it. As for rss I tried freerange and it was nice. Love the alerts from espn and you can customize anything and everything you want to come to your phone. ESPN ALERTS are free
    01-28-09 04:10 PM
    so basically with espn alerts... i can pick my teams or sports and it'll sms me with alerts on scores/schedules/standings? if so... i'll prob give it shot since that's free.

for now, i just downloaded pocket express to see how i like it.
    01-29-09 01:30 AM
    I never liked pocket express, yet for sports only.
    Viigo is one of the best rss feed reader out there and FREE.
    I use ESPN for many sports.
    I also use USA Today SMS messaging. I have it set to send me quarterly or per inning and/or final score for specific teams. For instance every Boston Red Sox inning I get score and brief message.
    Another way I keep up with BoSox is mlb.com. I downloaded the mlb.com iscon for general info and a bosox icon specific for their info.
    Another optin is sports illustrated.

My favorite is redsox.com from mlb.com. It is up to date and useful and does not waste my sms text msg useage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 02:14 AM
    cbs sports has the alerts as well as espn. I tried them both and espn comes in alot faster than cbs for whatever reason. Yes you can pick the teams, sports or even players you wish to get alerts about and the frequency of alerts (amount, times) etc

I like things coming to my phone in SMS - its easier for me, if that is what you seek you are gonna like espn

Enjoy
    Last edited by Tremortality; 01-29-09 at 03:35 AM.
    01-29-09 02:18 AM
    You can get direct news and headlines for your team or league (I have feeds for Red Sox, Giants, and MLB on mine, for example) plus any number of news and entertainment feeds through Viigo. It can be your one-stop shop, free of charge.
    01-29-09 03:25 AM
    i find viigo bogs your phone down too much. its too much of a memory hog
    01-29-09 03:34 AM
    I tried viigo twice and it was horrid on my phone. My friend who has the same phone has NO issues at all with it but from what I read on here more folks seem to dislike it more than like because of as you stated memory issues.......
    01-29-09 03:56 AM
    I have had no issue with Viigo whatsoever. I love it.
    I used to have Pocket Express but that took so damn long to update itself it drove me nuts.
    Viigo doesn't drain my phone. Do you have a memory card?
    01-29-09 12:32 PM
    i've searched and most reponses were espn which i think you have to pay for. also i don't want one for each sport either. is there a good one with a nice interface that covers all (most... at least nfl, nba, mlb) that's free or at least cheap?

are rss readers my best bet? how are the sports on viigo, freesomething(forgot the name), and apnews?
    You don't have to pay for the ESPN app nor the ESPN alerts.
    01-29-09 12:40 PM
    You don't have to pay for the ESPN app nor the ESPN alerts.
    i wonder why i thought it was a pay service. k.. i'll go check it out. i really don't have a need for the news section of viigo or pocketexpress as i'm always listening to cnn or some news channel in my car so espn might be perfect for my needs.

I have had no issue with Viigo whatsoever. I love it.
    I used to have Pocket Express but that took so damn long to update itself it drove me nuts.
    Viigo doesn't drain my phone. Do you have a memory card?
    we can add a memory card? i thought only media. if that's what you meant... isn't it only for media? how would it help viigo run without hogging memory or draining phone? i only have a 2 gig card so maybe i can upgrade to a 8
    02-03-09 07:34 PM
    viigo is behind in most sports and is useless for not so common sports ie Soccer(ok you can start the soccer sucks anytime) but an example i had viigo installed an i went to soccer schedules it showed no games when there was actually 12 games that day, and in completed games it had the results from the previous week, also i noticed for some hockey games it was a period behind in most cases, is there nothing better available
    04-17-09 12:48 PM
    Soccer dose not suck btw
    But yea I just stick to viigo and ESPN. Basically what everyone else said but with the viigo I think if you hit the menu key you can hit refresh or update or something along those lines and it will update I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 01:10 PM
    I've always used 4info to get updates about my Patriots since they don't show them much here in Florida. You can get sports, weather, financial news, a bunch of stuff sent via text message & it's free. You just have to set up an account. You can even select if you want stats on certain players so if you're a big fantasy football/baseball person you can stay up to date, I see that they even have the NFL draft that you can get alerts on.
    4INFO Home - Free Mobile Alerts and SMS Search and SMS Alerts
    04-17-09 02:47 PM
    Where do you go to get ESPN?
    04-17-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD