VZW Tones Deluxe
    LOL
    Its almost as good as the iphones
    Theres a chance !

I hope
    03-18-09 12:21 AM
    Take a look at AP Mobile reader. It has flick scrolling as well.
    03-18-09 12:28 AM
    Its not as smooth tho
    03-18-09 12:43 AM
    Yeah we have what is called Music Station over here in OZ from Vodafone.
    It flick scrolls through the music and artist list like an Iphone does.
    Strange as I am sure the program was not written for a storm so it must have been a mistake that turned into a feature.

LOL
    03-18-09 01:03 AM
    the gmail app has some good flick scrolling too.
    03-18-09 02:14 AM
    VZW Tones Deluxe
    LOL
    Theres a chance !

I hope
    Both Wall Street Journal Mobile Reader and AP News have flick scrolling for Storm. Excellent news apps.
    03-18-09 06:47 AM
    While we're on the subject, what is flick scrolling exactly? And one sec, going to flick my phone. Well that didn't go over well.
    03-18-09 06:49 AM
    While we're on the subject, what is flick scrolling exactly? And one sec, going to flick my phone. Well that didn't go over well.
    It's this over-rated style of scrolling through pages of text made popular by Apple, whereby the speed your fingers fly up and down the screen is directly related to the amount of scrolling (so the faster your fingers move, the more scroll), with a little "deceleration" at the end of each scroll for graphic effect. Storm users seem to like it because it fulfills their iPhone envy.
    03-18-09 07:48 AM
    In addition to what's being said, the flick scrolling behavior is built in on those apps like Wall Street Journal Mobile Reader and AP News. It is not native to the Storm's OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 08:05 AM
    It's this over-rated style of scrolling through pages of text made popular by Apple, whereby the speed your fingers fly up and down the screen is directly related to the amount of scrolling (so the faster your fingers move, the more scroll), with a little "deceleration" at the end of each scroll for graphic effect. Storm users seem to like it because it fulfills their iPhone envy.
    aka a much-needed addition to the storm's os so that scrolling through long emails and contact lists is not such a pain
    03-18-09 08:16 AM
    aka a much-needed addition to the storm's os so that scrolling through long emails and contact lists is not such a pain
    I'm not sure I follow your logic. When I scroll through long emails, it usually means that I am reading them, thus not requiring a heavy amount of "flick". And I search for contacts instead of scroll through them. In order to get to the bottom/top of the Contact list or SMS list quickly, just press and hold the down/up arrow.

Flick scrolling is basically a novelty and a way to show off graphics acceleration. It would be a fun and entertaining addition but I'm not sure it qualifies as "much-needed".
    03-18-09 08:27 AM
    Even on the Voyager, we had "flick" scrolling. It is not just a novelty. When scrolling through long web pages, lists, etc. it can be really useful.
    03-18-09 08:40 AM
    VZW Tones Deluxe
    LOL
    Theres a chance !

I hope
    i knw..........lol
    03-18-09 08:41 AM
    I'm not sure I follow your logic. When I scroll through long emails, it usually means that I am reading them, thus not requiring a heavy amount of "flick". And I search for contacts instead of scroll through them. In order to get to the bottom/top of the Contact list or SMS list quickly, just press and hold the down/up arrow.

Flick scrolling is basically a novelty and a way to show off graphics acceleration. It would be a fun and entertaining addition but I'm not sure it qualifies as "much-needed".
    Sorry, but I agree with jakeh0 on this one. I scroll through some long lists and I think it's much more than a novelty to be able to do it fast. I don't always want to go the top or bottom, I sometimes want to go 2/3 the way through. OR I may not know where I want to go. If I'm looking through a list of 75 songs, I might want to scroll through faster than I'm currently able to. To each his own...and my "own" says flick-scrolling is useful.
    03-18-09 08:44 AM
    Another thing to rememebr is flick scrolling is very intuitive. IE user friendly.

People are alreay used to the motion from using mouse wheels to scroll on PCs
    03-18-09 08:49 AM
    Another thing to rememebr is flick scrolling is very intuitive. IE user friendly.

People are alreay used to the motion from using mouse wheels to scroll on PCs
    Mouse wheels provide scrolling in the same way as on the Blackberry -- the scrolling is the same regardless how quickly the wheel is rotated.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like flick scrolling -- it is definitely a nice addition, but RIM needs to iron out critical bugs in the operating system before implementing frivolities such as flick scrolling. It remains a little unclear to me the madness over flick scrolling....

That said, GMAIL seems to be the best flick scrolling app available now. The other apps, such as AP News and WSJ are almost too gimpy for use. The problem is that flick scrolling is implemented in the application and not natively, and multiple developers may implement it using different code... hence, the flick scrolling may vary widely in effect between different applications. I'd almost prefer not having it at all to this alternative. :-/
    Last edited by mdude85; 03-18-09 at 09:34 AM.
    03-18-09 09:29 AM

i often need to refer back to quoted material in the email's history, which lends itself to flicking, and as far as contacts, sometimes its easier to flick to find if you entered the number as "phil" or "collins" or "phil collins" etc

i just think that its pretty intuitive and useful especially in a situation like a car where you dont wanna type a name in (please dont lecture about phones in the car)
    03-18-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD