Hey guys,
    I really need a more functional Tasks app that can organize a little better than the Native Tasks Application on my Torch. I used to use myTasks, because it was free.. but I am starting to really hate the predetermined areas to organize taks.

Anybody think they're using the best? Its it cheap? (hopefully)
    03-15-11 01:13 AM
    what about Taskmaster? pocketinformant?
    03-15-11 01:48 AM
    I'm not sure if Lister would be what you are looking for! Its free in the apps section. You can create your own list. Unfortunately I don't think there is a big selection for that purpose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ginzel62; 03-15-11 at 04:55 AM.
    03-15-11 04:42 AM
    I use my BB primarily for organization, so hopefully I can be of help! PocketInformant is, in my opinion, the best due to its high level of customization (you can view tasks by tag, due date, priority, by project name, to name a few...) I've tried every PIM available and always come back to it....(PocketDay and Agendus came in second and third)

However, if you don't want calendar integration, just task management, a cheaper solution is BHive Tasks. Its very intuitive and organized!
    03-15-11 07:07 PM
    I prefer the native tasks app. I've also used in the past Bug me, it's a free app.
    03-15-11 09:01 PM
    I use PocketInformant also and it really is the best task manager for heavy usage that I have found. Give it a try I'm sure you'll like it.
    There is only one downside that I have found and that is that I haven't figured out how to archive my completed tasks. I have a large list of tasks that I need to keep dating back years. The program really slows down when I have to enable completed tasks which is really bothersome. Hopefully the develepors will add this feature soon which would make this the perfect app. Hope this helps.
    boldbob likes this.
    03-15-11 11:42 PM
    Try Action Pad!

03-16-11 12:05 AM
    I really like SBSH Calendar Pro. It's not free (currently on sale in CB app store for $6), but there's a free trial. Very customizable and they are continually adding new features.
    03-16-11 07:56 AM
    Try Action Pad!
    ActionPad looks interesting, and I just noticed it's on sale in CB's app store for $4.99 instead of the usual $9.99. I haven't used it, but the screen shots make it look like you can enter a task/appointment in your BB calendar and then send it to ActionPad as a Memo/To Do item -- might be helpful for the OP.
    03-16-11 09:59 AM
    I really like SBSH Calendar Pro. It's not free (currently on sale in CB app store for $6), but there's a free trial. Very customizable and they are continually adding new features.
    I agree. Calendar Pro for me.
    Give it a go.
    Good Luck
    03-16-11 08:54 PM
    For simplicity, I would recommend Role Call Tasks. I won it on Crackberry, and it mostly does what I want it to do.
    03-16-11 09:36 PM
    I use an App called "HoneyDew" found in App World.
    03-17-11 12:38 AM
    I'm not sure if Lister would be what you are looking for! Its free in the apps section. You can create your own list. Unfortunately I don't think there is a big selection for that purpose.

I like Lister quite a lot, but it won't work on my Bold 9650 with OS6. When I enter data, it is rejected. Hopefully, the developer will straighten this out if it's a widespread concern.
    03-17-11 07:03 AM
    I like Lister quite a lot, but it won't work on my Bold 9650 with OS6. When I enter data, it is rejected. Hopefully, the developer will straighten this out if it's a widespread concern.
    Shiloh, I use Lister as well and encountered the same difficulty on my Bold 9650 on OS6. I emailed support several times without response....being that Lister keeps my ocd in check I was determined to find a workaround!
    When I enter a new to do item, afterwards I press the 'enter' key to drop down to the next line....and then if I am finished I press the 'back' key and this enables me to save my list!
    PM me if this doesn't make sense...at first it was a pain, but now the workaround is just second nature....helps that I love the app I suppose!

03-18-11 01:40 PM
    hi,

does the pocket informant integrated with the blackberry calendar? or does it have its own calendar?

thanks
    04-16-11 09:00 AM
    I would recommend myTasks...the one in the app world is a bit buggy so you should try to find it somewhere else...its free...and it syncs with your Blackberry's calender...its pretty good...look it up...
    04-20-11 10:48 AM
    It has a calender but you can have everything be synced with the native calendar. It's very flexiable so you can do one way, two way or no sync with the BB calendar. Love it !
    02-20-12 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD