Hello! A friend if mine recently got a phone that is on the Android platfrom. We used to use BB instand messanger all the time. Now we've been trying Google chat and it sucks! It is constantly logging us out and hardly ever works. So we are trying to find a new app for instant messaging (we are both on the AT&T network). I've been looking at WhatsApp Messanger and Pingchat. Anyone use both or either - pros? Cons? Advice?

Thanks!
    Jay
    I use a 8520 Curve.
    11-17-11 09:00 AM
    PingMe is a very nice app I would use it if it wasn't such a battery draining hog. not everyone seems to have that problem with the app but many have reported it. I know it was a real battery drain on my 9330. try it and see how it works for you.
    11-17-11 09:27 AM
    I like WhatsApp, especially since it uses your phone number, so it scans your contact list and will add anyone else on your contact list that has the app automatically.

Kik is also good, but I haven't heard much about it lately... seems to have died down, nobody I really know uses it anymore.
    11-17-11 10:20 AM
    Love LiveProfile. I've used in on my Android, Blackberry and my mom's iPhone.
    11-17-11 10:24 AM
    I've tried WhatsApp and Kik and now PingMe and PingMe gets my vote because it gives me all the missing things that the other two don't. And I think it looks the most like BBM
    11-17-11 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD