What is the best calendar app for BB and why? I'm trying to decide which one is for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 07:23 PM
    That is way to subjective of a question to answer. It depends on how you use your calendar more than anything else. Two of the most highly rated are Calendar Pro and Pocket Informant. I suggest you read the reviews first. I will say that Pocket Informant has a steep learning curve as it is filled with literally tons of options, but is considered one of the most powerful calendar applications available. After reading the reviews, download the free trials and see which one you like best and then purchase that one.
    05-09-10 07:39 PM
    The native calendar app works fine for me. I sync with ICal on a Mac laptop. No problems, no worries.

Personal choice may have a lot to do with what you find best. Some apps have a trial period. I suggest giving one or more a whirl to see what you like or not in any one of them
    05-09-10 07:40 PM
    I like Calendar Pro.
    05-09-10 07:41 PM
    The native calendar app works fine for me. I sync with ICal on a Mac laptop. No problems, no worries.

Personal choice may have a lot to do with what you find best. Some apps have a trial period. I suggest giving one or more a whirl to see what you like or not in any one of them
    +1 for the native app... and with google sync, i dont worry about anything...
    05-09-10 07:41 PM
    I'm using Calendar Pro and sync with Outlook.
    The developers are very receptiive to new ideas.
    But these type of apps really need a test drive before you decide.
    The app is well worth a trial.

The Calendar and Task modules of Calendar Pro are very functional also have lots of colors and icon available to spruce things up.

Good Luck
    05-09-10 09:24 PM
    Bump for Calendar Pro also, plus it comes with a free trial period.......... 12 days I think. Check it out and see if you like it.
    05-10-10 03:00 PM
    I would love an app that shows a month at a time with actual entries, not just dates. xCalendar tries to do that, but puts entries in the wrong day of the month--it is screwed up in some fundamental way.

Does anyone know of a good month at a time presentation? The one for the Palm Treo works just fine. Seems like such a natural thing.

Thanks.

B B
    05-11-10 07:42 AM
    I use pocket informant. PI has a trial period also. I like PI because you can use icons on the month view for a fast view of whats coming up and there is a semi-detailed agenda at the bottom of the month view.

Try them both on the free trial period. The "best" app will ultimately be decided to the end user, and that be you.
    05-11-10 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD