So today I got my invite from Best Buy that my mIQ account was ready to set up. I followed the instructions I got from them in an email on downloading the application to my Verizon Blackberry (Tour). When I tried to launch the application, I got an error message (forget exactly what it said, but basicly was unable to start ap). I then attempted to restart my Blacberry with Quick Pull, which didn't work. I proceeded to pull my battery out and when it restarted it came to a screen that said "Reload Software: 552". I took my phone to Verizon, and they ended up having to replace my phone. Anyone else with a Tour have this problem or know how to prevent this in future?
    10-13-09 01:41 AM
    no but i just installed the newer version and i hope that mine doesnt do that! ive had that three times and twice i had to get it replaced bc i couldnt restore the os myself
    10-15-09 06:24 AM
    I had the same problem as the original post. I left with a replacement BB. The people at Verizon knew nothing of mIQ at all.
    10-15-09 12:55 PM
    After two days I received a reply from a human at mIQ. The message I reported was "Error starting mIQ: Class 'com.dashwire.client.resources.BaseStore' multiply defined."

Here is what mIQ support had to say:
    Greetings from mIQ! Thank you for sending in your issue and sorry that you're seeing it.

Unfortunately, this is a known bug that we're working through right now. We were hoping to have it fixed by this point, but it's looking like next week is going to be the timing.

Apologies for the fairly unsatisfactory response, and we hope to have some good news for you shortly.

I did not know at the time I reported the error message that a BB reset would brick the device. I reported that yesterday. Support replied "We are investigating the issue and will get back to you after our engineers have looked into fully."

Be Warned
    10-16-09 01:48 PM
    It must not be mIQ that caused the "reload Software 552" error. I installed some other apps and got the error again. I have a programing background and have NEVER seen an OS so easily broken. I hope RIM fixes the problems. I do not know what I can install and what I can not install at this point.

My restore worked. One issue - I only have BES email setup.
    10-17-09 08:56 PM
    This is a repeat of my post on the Crackberry mIQ blog.

I installed this app last week with no issues what so ever. Everything worked fine. All my data downloaded, pictures sms logs, contacts.... whoa all of a sudden I started thinking, I just gave a list of everyone I know to Best Buy. Now I'm not a conspiracy type person, but I decided to delete my contacts off their server and not set them up to sync. I'll just back them up using Desktop Manager on a regular basis. mIQ seems like a great tool, but what does Best Buy get out of doing this for free?
    10-20-09 01:19 PM
    I just installed this app today, and I was somewhat dubious of why it's free also. I think Best Buy is hoping that you access miqlive via browser and take not of all their ads to upgrade phone, memory card, etc.

Yeah, security/privacy is a concern but I really don't have any sekret kontacts or anything, so I think I'll just do a manual sync once per month as an offsite backup.
    10-20-09 03:43 PM
    Why replacement phone. All you had to do was reload the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 03:58 PM
    I received a replacement device because it ws during my work hours and I was 45 minutes from home to be able to do the reload.
    The second time my Tour got the "reload software 552" I did reload the OS.
    I am new to BB. It is very hard for me to accept that installing a few apps can cause the OS to go belly up. Just imagine what kind of press Microsoft would get if Windows behaved like this.
    10-27-09 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD